Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

A terrifying thing and it's (seeming for now) randomness is even more terrifying. Hard to imagine a worse thing to be diagnosed with.

Glad it's over for him as it must be horrendous. Hopefully some genius somewhere soon finds a way to do something about this kind of suffering.

Edited by JTS98

I see one of the red tops put up a story of them falling over themselves to tell Michael Mols that his friend had died, and his reaction.
Morally bankrupt.
Looks like they have binned the story. Hopefully after being suitably hounded over it. Crass b*****ds. Showing themselves to be hust as bad as the Sun with their Ben Stokes antics.

Anyway, a real shame about Ricksen. Its always really odd to see someone who you are familiar with because they are an elite athlete go out like that, and a reminder if needed that these shite hands really can get dealt to anyone, even the strongest and fittest among us.

Undoubtedly in a better place now is Fernando.

My overriding memory of Fernando is of a young guy that came to Scotland and took a while to settle.  Everyone remembers him being hooked at Parkhead in the 6-2 game.  He settled in and from then on never gave less than 100%.  He was far from perfect as a player, but you could always rely on him not to hide.  When Barry went to Blackburn, Fernando took the Captaincy and eventually played Barry's position for a large part of the season.

He was a huge part of the reason we won the league on Helicopter Sunday, which I'm grateful for.

He took his illness on the same way, and it's been heartbreaking watching him deteriorate over the years.  I can't imagine what it must be like for his young daughter.

I confess that as a player he was a hate figure for me when he played for Rangers, but he was a good player and they say that if supporters of other teams hate a player then he must be doing something right. He appeared to revel in his status as a villain anyway.

However, a persons' health and life is more important than petty football loyalties. Football is only a game. 

The photographs from his public appearances over the last few years show a young man gradually wasting away from a terrible disease that he fought with great courage until the end.

His death is very sad news. As a care professional I have worked with many people who have died from degenerative diseases and no person deserves to suffer such an awful and drawn out death.

RIP Fernando, and thank you for being one of the more entertaining characters of Scottish football in recent times.

Love or loathe him, you could never ignore Ricksen as a player. From a Scottish football perspective it's tragic to see such a formidable figure pass away so young and in such circumstances.

However, that loss is obviously nothing compared to that felt by his wife and daughter, who have lost a loved one who fought bravely against a truly horrid disease.

The medicine available right now might not have been advanced enough to save Ricksen, but hopefully his efforts raising awareness and money to combat the condition will see breakthroughs that help others suffering from it sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, GloryHole said:

Allan Brazil saying he's heard from a close friend (McCoist) there's big problems at the top at Ibrox , something about the owner not being the owner?..all due to come out...hmmm

I suspect this post will be treated with the disdain it deserves.

Decent week for us.  A good home win and then a convincing away win.  Interesting to compare this season's league table to this time last season, even if we're still second:

224680854_table6games.JPG.fa83cccd8bfb0422354ef015ed0747d4.JPG

So Livi midweek and then The Sheep at Ibrox on Saturday.  An away win and then 3 league points would be grand.

On 22/09/2019 at 21:15, The_Kincardine said:

Decent week for us.  A good home win and then a convincing away win.  Interesting to compare this season's league table to this time last season, even if we're still second:

224680854_table6games.JPG.fa83cccd8bfb0422354ef015ed0747d4.JPG

So Livi midweek and then The Sheep at Ibrox on Saturday.  An away win and then 3 league points would be grand.

Congratulations on winning the 2nd after 6 games trophy for the 2nd reason running. Slippy G can put that next to the 86 minute trophy and the most bigoted club in the world cup.

That empty trophy cabinet will soon fill up at this rate.

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

Congratulations on winning the 2nd after 6 games trophy for the 2nd reason running. Slippy G can put that next to the 86 minute trophy and the most bigoted club in the world cup.

That empty trophy cabinet will soon fill up at this rate.

1552108545_TierneyLaughing.jpg.f70a22e8360fcd9d45b6c8cbcbcdd1e8.jpg