The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

Interesting. https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/aberdeen-striker-linked-move-dundee-united/

So by foreign based stiker McKinnon meant Aberdeen

I'm sure the foreign based striker was to come on trial and the club demanded a fee if we took him on or regardless something like that, think the striker was from a Scandinavian club, so two strikers, that one and the Aberdonian one.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very happy with the news about Cammy Bell. Gives us that experience we have been crying out for, and should be able to organise the young uns in defence.

And as probably the worst speller/typer on P &B, I have a fighting chance of getting his name right.

( although autocorrect has already suggested "clammy" - I'm sure that's no indication of his personal hygiene or hand shake )

To say we will win the league if we get xxx players is a wee bit ambitious and will bite him on the butt if his heros underperform, this is a tough league and with no disrespect to the others in this league over half the teams in this league on their best day could take points off us. (I am thinking those teams are DAFC, Falkirk, Hibs, Raith and St Mirren) we are in for a tough campaign and I want promotion at the first attempt but I feel that we are underestimatin our potential opponents a wee bit. If we come off all "Billy Big Baws" I think we will end up with egg on our faces, we need to learn from the funsters 7 season jolly and make sure that we are carving out wins, I would take 30 crappy 1-0 wins and win the league over playing with style and ending up 4th.

To say we will win the league if we get xxx players is a wee bit ambitious and will bite him on the butt if his heros underperform, this is a tough league and with no disrespect to the others in this league over half the teams in this league on their best day could take points off us. (I am thinking those teams are DAFC, Falkirk, Hibs, Raith and St Mirren) we are in for a tough campaign and I want promotion at the first attempt but I feel that we are underestimatin our potential opponents a wee bit. If we come off all "Billy Big Baws" I think we will end up with egg on our faces, we need to learn from the funsters 7 season jolly and make sure that we are carving out wins, I would take 30 crappy 1-0 wins and win the league over playing with style and ending up 4th.

^^^^^^^shitting his frilly little panties.

We tried to sign Cammy Smith in January but Aberdeen blocked it at the last minute. Hes not really a striker from what I've seen, more a number 10. Very decent player though.

^^^^^^^shitting his frilly little panties.

Being a realist mate! (That and learning from the many season jolly the fun had) Don't mean to be such an Eeyore but we have a hard season of hard work ahead of us! We are where we deserve to be based on a rank season and it is a tough league to be promoted from.

(THERE IS NOTHING LITTLE ABOUT MY PANTIES!)

You'd take 30 wins out of 36? Wouldn't we all?!

Even Hearts who won this 'difficult league' by 21 points only managed 29 wins.

McKinnon suggesting he can win the league if he gets the players he wants is exactly what he should be saying.

Aberdeen said they won't make a decision on whether Smith will go out on loan till after Europa League Game.

As well we have some reading centre half coming on trial, 18 years old. Presume it'll be a loan move, but Ray will probably see what he's like first before deciding.

Cammy bell has to be an improvement on what we've had recently. It's good that he's knocked back prem teams to come so good luck cammy. Was glad to see TBS's first regular update on official site as this is something that's been severely lacking. Hope he keeps it up, surely a spencey idea, well done ginge. Personally I'm looking forward to the new season, could be an exciting one as long as we get off to a good start. The betfred cup games should definitely help with that, chance to get players used to each other before Queens come calling.

McKinnon's transfer policy is a breath of fresh air compared to Jackie and Mixu, things are looking okay so far.

It says a lot about the last couple of years that we are all getting excited that we have a manager who scouts players before signing them.

Cammy bell has to be an improvement on what we've had recently. It's good that he's knocked back prem teams to come so good luck cammy. Was glad to see TBS's first regular update on official site as this is something that's been severely lacking. Hope he keeps it up, surely a spencey idea, well done ginge. Personally I'm looking forward to the new season, could be an exciting one as long as we get off to a good start. The betfred cup games should definitely help with that, chance to get players used to each other before Queens come calling.

I'm surprised he's knocked back either, Moreso hearts.

Seems a strange one to me

Archived