The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Never got a fair chance at all last season, got brought back from on loan then rotted in reserves for rest of season

I'm pretty sure he had a big attitude problem and off the park antics.

Och no, Smith hasn't been good enough to hold down a first team place. I'm sure he was brought in with the best of intentions on all sides but it simply hasn't worked out. No need for anyone to get their knickers in a twist about it (our perpetually twisted neighbours notwithstanding). McInnes entitled to be disappointed with how things have panned out, anything beyond that it self-entitled nonsense.
We've got plenty of guys out on loan at present. Some doing well, some struggling to make any sort of impact. No blame attaches to the loan club just because our player hasn't been good enough to cut it. 

Totally agree, decent in flashes but nothing phenomenal, we don't owe McInnes or the boy f**k all

5 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Robbie Muirhead was on 2 grand a week at united

2 fuckin grand

To be fair had United not just got big money for GMS and Armstrong when Muirhead was signed?   Always seemed like a panic signing designed to try and placate the support.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

To be fair had United not just got big money for GMS and Armstrong when Muirhead was signed?   Always seemed like a panic signing designed to try and placate the support.

I don't know if it was panic so much as rash. We'd just brought in £2m and had about 2 hours before the window closed. Muirhead was well regarded and available for a relatively modest fee. Unfortunately no one did any diligence which would have explained why he was available (no way!, I hear you cry).

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Yeah it was a panic signing, I said so at the time.

13 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Needless to say, you had the last laugh.

No there was/is nothing to laugh about.  It was another example of Jackie's absolute uselessness that folk ignored at the time only to complain about later on.

I was one of the few on here arguing that he should have had his contracted terminated at the end of the 2014/15 season.  I was proven right there too but, again, take no satisfaction from it.

Archived