The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

The sitters we missed in the first five minutes were game changers as it would have given us the opportunity to control the game. Then in typical Shire fashion we go on and concede a few minutes later losing all the momentum we’d garnered early on. Rodgers was ineffective, Murray always out of position, McCafferty went missing in the second half and McCaughie would be an amazing player if he ran at players and took them on instead of looking to cross all the time. Really liked McKee at Centre Half and Del and Simon White worked well in the middle but were no match for big ‘Arnie the Destroyer’.

Suppose the midweek games might have been taken there toll as we looked a bit out on our feet in the last 20 and completely bereft of ideas. Now we just need to carry on and try get some more wins on the board, preferably starting next week at Dalbeattie, but from that viewing I think another season of finishing 2nd-4th looks on the cards.
Sorry, who are you?

9 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
4 hours ago, craigiemack said:
The sitters we missed in the first five minutes were game changers as it would have given us the opportunity to control the game. Then in typical Shire fashion we go on and concede a few minutes later losing all the momentum we’d garnered early on. Rodgers was ineffective, Murray always out of position, McCafferty went missing in the second half and McCaughie would be an amazing player if he ran at players and took them on instead of looking to cross all the time. Really liked McKee at Centre Half and Del and Simon White worked well in the middle but were no match for big ‘Arnie the Destroyer’.

Suppose the midweek games might have been taken there toll as we looked a bit out on our feet in the last 20 and completely bereft of ideas. Now we just need to carry on and try get some more wins on the board, preferably starting next week at Dalbeattie, but from that viewing I think another season of finishing 2nd-4th looks on the cards.

Sorry, who are you?

Gregor's Pal

24 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Aw cool. Welcome to Pie and Bovril Gregor's pal.

Ps - good first post. I think we'll finish 2nd behind EK, hopefully I'm wrong.

Thanks! Really enjoyed my first ever game yesterday aswell, just a shame about the result:(. Can't wait for next week!

Disappointing result on Saturday, although I would have bitten your arm off for a point when we were 2-0 down. Write up on the Shire site says that we dominated and were wasteful in front of goal - anybody who went see it the same way? I'm concerned that we've got one point from the last two fixtures where we would have been confident of 6 last season - and we only finished 4th last year. Don't see us threatening EK unless something dramatic happens.
Cheers
Shire exile in USA
We're shite down in Dalbeattie - havent won there yet. Colts are a tough team when on their game. 6 points and a favoir against EK is a must now.

Disappointing result on Saturday, although I would have bitten your arm off for a point when we were 2-0 down. Write up on the Shire site says that we dominated and were wasteful in front of goal - anybody who went see it the same way? I'm concerned that we've got one point from the last two fixtures where we would have been confident of 6 last season - and we only finished 4th last year. Don't see us threatening EK unless something dramatic happens.
Cheers
Shire exile in USA

We had plenty of chance just didn’t take them, second half we were camped in their half then got hit by a sucker punch.

20 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

We were hopeless tonight. Far too many passengers in that team. Sick of the league being gone by the end of August - Mid September. Enjoy the title party EK.

Looking forward to the battle for 6th with Kelty.

Not sure why another bad start. Team lacks pace lots of talent but not clicking

Couldn't make the game tonight but that result is not good enough. It looked a strange team lineup especially the defence against a team who had scored 6 goals in their last game. I look forward to the comments of those who were there.

2 goals down in 10 minutes is always going to be a struggle, injury’s aside it appears to me that decisions are being made to accommodate certain players at the expense of others who are better.
Falkirk stadium was a good chance to try and build our club and tonight’s crowd of 175 is probably almost double what we would have got if this game had been at stenny, but unless we start putting on a better show then there is a real risk that we could be the next Selkirk.