The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

That’s what it seemed like to me. It seems totally inappropriate for a football club (at this level) to do that based on a promise of sponsorship/investment.

Assuming that's right, what on earth are they doing risking the clubs future by doing that?  By all means, projects like this are welcome IF you have the cash/backing to do it with no impact to the club.

Sad to see this, a lot of time for The Shire and their fans.

Looked like they had the foundations for a decent team next season too but un sure how much this will effect that.

Not sure who'd be in charge of making a decision like this at the club but surely their position must be under threat now.

• 2 weeks later...

Right so, the last statement was wrong? It was suggested the external project was where the shortfall lay, but apparently that’s shite and is being funded by a partner.  

Therefore the missing funds( from other partners ?)is apparently on normal club spending and that’s what needs covered ?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Right so, the last statement was wrong? It was suggested the external project was where the shortfall lay, but apparently that’s shite and is being funded by a partner.  

Therefore the missing funds( from other partners ?)is apparently on normal club spending and that’s what needs covered ?

That’s my interpretation of it.

These statements wouldn’t be out of place as clues on the old quiz show 3-2-1 (it’s an old show from the 80’s where they had unfathomable clues)

Edited by To B or not B

Posted (edited)

Also, and this maybe covered elsewhere in the thread but who the f**k is this Simon Dickerson character? Seems to set up and disolve companies at will(all largely meant to be based on removals/storage) including this apparent partner transdec and it doesn’t look like he could have found Falkirk on a map until he became involved,   My dodgy senses are tingling

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Another week, another slightly vague and rambling statement…

I'm struggling to understand any of that 🤔

has this been written by a mad man or someone using AI ? Or both. 

If I was a East Stirlingshire fan I would be absolutely terrified with this guy at the top. 

This Shire X ReWork project he bangs on about seems to just be about avoiding paying landfill fees when his Transdec firm does office clearances.

I've been out of the loop with stuff for a while now, but I agree this is bizarre. The guy writing this stuff has complete LinkedIn brain, something AI couldn't hope to capture. It's all about "the journey", the club website has a bunch of stuff like that. 

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

This Shire X ReWork project he bangs on about seems to just be about avoiding paying landfill fees when his Transdec firm does office clearances.

This makes a lot of sense, when I saw the stuff about the club 'donating' £25,000 worth of used office furniture I assumed it was just made up, because where in gods name would a lower league football club, particularly a lower league football club without a ground, get that much old desks and chairs?

I think the most charitable reading is that they've tied this environmental stuff (which I have no issue with a club embracing in principle, but I don't think it's a completely sincere goal here) to the club in the hope of attracting sponsorship, budgeted for said sponsorship, and it's not materialised so now they are trying to cover with a vague crowdfunding drive, but have went about it all in a cockamamie way. Considering they've tried to drive sponsorship in the club across last season, this can't exactly fill anyone considering sponsoring for the first time with a massive amount of confidence. 

I will say they have done some good stuff, like distributing tickets in schools and to low-income families, and organising that foodbank drive at an Albion Rovers game last year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

I take the Go fund me page was a success, signing Greg Spence and Stephen O’Neil? 😜

It wasn’t if the GoFund me page was the sole source of funds, just £715 raised. That whole episode remains really odd.

12 hours ago, To B or not B said:

I take the Go fund me page was a success, signing Greg Spence and Stephen O’Neil? 😜

Must be using the upcoming money from the corrupt SPFL.

Not shire's fault but that whole trust thing stinks.