The Failed Statelet vs Poland match thread

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland fans really are in denial.

When we used to qualify for things we played more or less as NI are playing today.

Wales would currently beat us comfortably home and away. NI would be closer but I doubt that a team that has struggled to break down Liechtenstein at home, and which has lost in Skopje, has any right to consider itself "better" than any team which has made it.

We're just abject at present and there's no quick route back. Face facts.

The tears and snorers and seething bitterness on this and the Welsh thread have been incredible.

Didn't see any on the Welsh game thread. Think it's a pretty widespread opinion that they have a good team on here.

Depends on our group. If we got Portugal's group of fancy us to do well but if we got a group like the Republic's I think we'd get pumped like they did in 2012?

We gave Poland 2 good games, could have won both, possibly could have lost them both too.

NI set up for a 0-0 today. Looking a bit better now they have had to come out their shell.

Is every thread involving NI/ROI/Wales going to descend into pointless 'what ifs' regarding Scotland?

We were shite, and we didn't deserve to qualify. They did.

If NI don't get anything from this game then I'd be seeing it as a massive missed oppurtunity, Poland are very average.

Didn't see any on the Welsh game thread. Think it's a pretty widespread opinion that they have a good team on here.

Correct. All I took from that thread is that most of us think Slovakia are a team Scotland should be beating.

If this sorry excuse for a football team managed it why wouldn't we.

Germany topped ours ffs and this team that currently looks like they're on a different planet to them finished second.

And Ireland finished 3rd. They're shite

Three of the worst six sides in the tournament came from TFS's qualification group: of those, I'd only expect Hungary to offer a comparable, utterly eye-gouging 'contribution' to the tournament as the Bunfields. 

Archived