The Failed Statelet vs Poland match thread

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three of the worst six sides in the tournament came from TFS's qualification group: of those, I'd only expect Hungary to offer a comparable, utterly eye-gouging 'contribution' to the tournament as the Bunfields.

Who you got as the other three? Russia, Albania and Ireland?

Scotland fans really are in denial.

When we used to qualify for things we played more or less as NI are playing today.

Wales would currently beat us comfortably home and away. NI would be closer but I doubt that a team that has struggled to break down Liechtenstein at home, and which has lost in Skopje, has any right to consider itself "better" than any team which has made it.

We're just abject at present and there's no quick route back. Face facts.

The tears and snorers and seething bitterness on this and the Welsh thread have been incredible.

Behave yourself. You are right to point our failure to qualify but Wales and Northern Ireland are poor.

Wales may be slightly ahead of us, albeit we stillfinished above them in the last Workd Cup qualifying group, despite them beating us twice. They might have deserved the Hampden win but certainly not the Cardiff one.

Northern Ireland, hats off to them they did well in their qualifying group but they really are pish. How many shots have they had against Poland never mind goals scored?

Both will back back to the lower group placings once the Word Cup qualifiers are finished.

Scotland fans really are in denial.

When we used to qualify for things we played more or less as NI are playing today.

Wales would currently beat us comfortably home and away. NI would be closer but I doubt that a team that has struggled to break down Liechtenstein at home, and which has lost in Skopje, has any right to consider itself "better" than any team which has made it.

We're just abject at present and there's no quick route back. Face facts.

The tears and snorers and seething bitterness on this and the Welsh thread have been incredible.

It certainly sent me to sleep.

Archived