The Upgrade - Revisited. #OperationPrune

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Richie95 said:

I still don't know if I really like this or not. 

It's a big change, but you'll get used to it.

A lot of people hated the last change too :)

Good work and all credit for putting in many a hour sorting it. I run Berwick's site and it's a fucking ballache at the best of times, let alone trying to do something with a site of this magnitude. Looks good (or it does now I've switched from Clyde to Berwick!) and think once I've got used to it'll be better too. Like the app improvements too.

I've noticed a few issues with punctuation marks/characters not displaying properly on the desktop version (using Firefox on a Mac).  For example, quotation marks are showing up weird as shown below.

Not sure if it falls into your "why old posts look strange" category, but it wasn't explicitly mentioned there.

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 11.13.35.png

Using the forum on iPhone in the Safari browser, I keep getting taken back to the first post in the thread instead of last read post. Is there anything I can do to change this?

You not downloaded the P&B app? I much prefer the app as opposed to going on the site via safari.

Just glad that Div saw this through and didnt do a Cameron/Johnson/Farage "this is fucked I'm out of here" manoeuvre. Bet it was tempting though!

4 hours ago, Deeboy said:

Some quotes are coming up with who said them and time stamped while others are just centralising and nothing else, no username etc. 

Is this to do with older posts etc? 

Yeah that will fix itself over the next few days.

5 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

It's not letting me sign back in on the App. 

It has my old username still showing up but won't let me select the box to put in my Display name. 

Probably thinks you are still logged in?

Try logging out or failing that uninstall/reinstall?

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I've noticed a few issues with punctuation marks/characters not displaying properly on the desktop version (using Firefox on a Mac).  For example, quotation marks are showing up weird as shown below.

Not sure if it falls into your "why old posts look strange" category, but it wasn't explicitly mentioned there.

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 11.13.35.png

Possibly, can you give me a link to an example post and I will look into it further?

That similar problems happened on one of the Dundee fans signatures aswell. If you look at the most recent page on their thread you'll see it

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Using the forum on iPhone in the Safari browser, I keep getting taken back to the first post in the thread instead of last read post. Is there anything I can do to change this?

5 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I'm getting the same problem.

Click the little circle or the star next to the topic title rather than the topic title itself to get to your first unread post on that topic

Good work, Div.  Never doubted you!

Is the app just the same layout?  I was mildly underwhelmed when I opened it up and it's exactly the same.  The PC version is lovely, and I may even keep the Rangers skin on for a change as it's so nice.

Archived