St Mirren v Morton SPFL Championship 6/8/16

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

By that same token, the number of days is well worth ramming in. I enjoy that aspect of rivalries.

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

It's one of the better football banners I've seen in recent years 

You're hauf decent for a soapdodger :cheers

24 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The Renfrewshire Cup fucked this fixture years ago. Not playing each other in all of those meaningless matches would have left a good bit of aggro in these games.

Nobody is buying the Morton fans jibes about finishing ahead of us or our fans hibes about the number of days.

None of it means anything. It's pretty much a run of the mill, standard fixture now.

If win or loss against Morton is more thrilling of disappointing than it would be against any other side.

Pretty much how I see it.  As I said earlier.  This derby is pretty much a dead rubber. 

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

But it was their cup final.

They were, literally, not in the same league as us and so the RCF was their most important game of the season whereas, to us, it was a pre-season kickabout which allowed us to f**k about with formations and improve match fitness.

The RC meant nothing to anyone.  Including your fans that invaded the pitch when you scored at Cappielow and our youngsters who thought we'd won a major trophy at NSMP.

f**k off Duffy. Points thrown at that gibbons outfit by giving up on scoring goals from a dominant position. Negative p***k got what he deserved.

11 points out of 12 in the cup , unbeaten in 5, and apoint that we would haveall taken before the game, and your first words are f**k off duffy, you fuckoff p***k

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

The worst Saints performance against the Soapdodgers in living memory, only 1 attempt on target in 90 minutes (which we obviously scored from) and yet they still couldn't beat us.

Verge of tears

Word Salad

Blubbering mess

Thanks for playing

Back in your box

By the time the next meeting comes around it'll be 6406 days

and counting...

Harsh, yet fair.

People saying that this fixture has lost its edge are probably right.

I work in Greenock and St Mirren victory in these matches are expected. Certainly with the Ton fans I work with.

It does actually need a couple of Morton wins to get it going again. It's a bit like the Ryder Cup. It needed Europe to start winning before it became the magnificent event it is today.

I do hope though that Morton fail to win this game for many a year [emoji849]

9 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Who broke our forum btw? Server looks to only be able to take so many "FFS Duffy" messages at once.

School holidays? :whistle

Kingston Bud? Wer in Greenock do u work? Tell us mate. Do i work wae u or u as brave to tell us like them numpties who tried to break through a 2 manned police cordon well after yous scored thinking yous would do a hibs/rangers attack. Yous wouldnt hav lasted 5:secs bud. Only sing songs wae 5 mins to go? Wots that about

4-0......Ha ha...a lucky late equaliser sees the St Scum inbreeds start fighting with the polis......Imagine paying £12 a month for a load of pish like that     ha ha.

Kingston Bud? Wer in Greenock do u work? Tell us mate. Do i work wae u or u as brave to tell us like them numpties who tried to break through a 2 manned police cordon well after yous scored thinking yous would do a hibs/rangers attack. Yous wouldnt hav lasted 5:secs bud. Only sing songs wae 5 mins to go? Wots that about

Oooffft, taking it well.

4-0......Ha ha...a lucky late equaliser sees the St Scum inbreeds start fighting with the polis......Imagine paying £12 a month for a load of pish like that     ha ha.

What's that in english mate?

It must be said what a fucking player Lee Kilday is turning into.

To go from a player fans were raging Duffy gave a new contract to when we got promoted to the dominant centreback he is now is amazing.

You are embarrassing.

Every time we have the derby there is a discussion about it not being the way it used to be, but that's just modern fitba I guess.

Growing up going to see the saints in the 90's I remember standing at the fence, right beside the home fans, at morton, Falkirk, Hamilton, airdrie, dunfermline and others. Tremendous banter.

Now we're all stuck behind goals, half a mile from each other. Football now may be more civilised but it's fucking boring. 

Whilst I kind of understand why people are having a pop at Clarkson for not being effective,  I have to disagree. 

I thought he was OK yesterday but most of the time he was being dragged back to centre mid to do the donkey work that seemed to pass Hutton and Mallan by. If we can't get another guy for that position it might be an idea to let Clarkson drop into there as he certainly has the workrate for it. 

I counted four times in his 50 mins on the park when he had to drop back to in front of the back four to cover. 

Archived