EU Ref: Result Predictions

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how it would play if a greater percentage of British voters want to be in the EU than Scottish voters want to be in the UK. I can't quite see the European Union being "safer" than the British one, but I'd love to be wrong.

Remain: 57.1%; Leave: 42.9%.

Anybody know of anywhere offering area-by-area odds? Ladbrokes did so for the Scottish independence referendum, if I remember correctly.

yes, google it. Bookies have Edinburgh as 2/1 favourite to have the biggest remain vote in the uk. Think it's with ladbrokes

yes, google it. Bookies have Edinburgh as 2/1 favourite to have the biggest remain vote in the uk. Think it's with ladbrokes

Aye, I had noticed that market with Ladbrokes. I remember they offered odds on some - or possibly all - individual council areas voting Yes or No in 2014. I was looking for something similar this time around, but there doesn't seem to be anything at the moment. 

I'd have thought somewhere in Kent or Essex would be nailed on for "highest leave". 

I was under the impression there are 12 counting centres - surely they won't keep all the boxes separate so they can tally them by city? 

I'd have thought somewhere in Kent or Essex would be nailed on for "highest leave".

I was under the impression there are 12 counting centres - surely they won't keep all the boxes separate so they can tally them by city?

The wording is "Which of the following" so if Thanet or Aberdeen come through on top then it makes no difference to Ladbrokes

The 12 regional counts are actually administrative headquarters for the various counts that report back to them. Scotland's counts are run from Falkirk

http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7588

Archived