EU Ref: Result Predictions

52/48 to remain, but SE England has majority to leave, and (insert name of favourite lunatic) declares home rule for bottom bit of England from RUK.

Possible outcome of this scenario:

Barbed wire fence erected between the Severn and the Humber (various Balkan states can assist with the design and construction as they have recent experience with this, leading to an influx of Macedonian/Serbian/Croatian/Slovenian workers).

Later to be replaced by a wall (idea: copyright D. Trump).

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

52/48 to remain, but SE England has majority to leave, and (insert name of favourite lunatic) declares home rule for bottom bit of England from RUK.

Possible outcome of this scenario:

Barbed wire fence erected between the Severn and the Humber (various Balkan states can assist with the design and construction as they have recent experience with this, leading to an influx of Macedonian/Serbian/Croatian/Slovenian workers).

Later to be replaced by a wall (idea: copyright D. Trump).

The Midlands, Yorkshire, the South West and very possibly Wales will vote to Leave too.  It will be close in the other English regions except London where Remain should win easily. 

The Midlands, Yorkshire, the South West and very possibly Wales will vote to Leave too.  It will be close in the other English regions except London where Remain should win easily. 

Just like the Indy vote, when  this place was full of YES,    ( and yis know that ended  )

now its all REMAIN trumpt all over the place .  .    Scotland will vote the same as the rest of the country , We're leaving. :thumsup2

Just like the Indy vote, when  this place was full of YES,    ( and yis know that ended  )

now its all REMAIN trumpt all over the place .  .    Scotland will vote the same as the rest of the country , We're leaving. :thumsup2

You've cracked. No way Leave is going to win now (and certainly not anywhere outside of English backwaters).

You've cracked. No way Leave is going to win now (and certainly not anywhere outside of English backwaters).

Peterhead and surrounding area may possibly be the one part of Scotland that votes leave, but even then, it'll be very tight.

I'm quite surprised anyone genuinely thinks leave is a possibility.

Peterhead and surrounding area may possibly be the one part of Scotland that votes leave, but even then, it'll be very tight.

I'm quite surprised anyone genuinely thinks leave is a possibility.

Not the brightest thing I've read on here recently.

Plenty pissed off fishermen/farmers in the peterhead and surrounding area, lots of shitey facebook posts with made up figures about the cost of the EU. Peterhead/Fraserburgh may well vote leave but it will be tight. Hoping for a large remain vote though and hopefully a narrow leave vote in england, although it is unlikely.

Remain 57, leave 43.

Took a £30 bet on leave at just under 3/1 on Betfair. All I'm prepared to lose at the moment.

Latest two online polls have small Leave leads, which interestingly hasn't sent the pound into a plunge or affected the bookies. Betfair implied odds are currently 74% to Remain; a figure more or less static the last few days barring a small fluctuation either way. Betting markets and forex markets obviously confident - either their own polling is a lot more favourable to remain or they're about to suffer an almighty burn.

Phone poll and another online one out at 10pm, which may or may not create movement.

Took a £30 bet on leave at just under 3/1 on Betfair. All I'm prepared to lose at the moment.

Latest two online polls have small Leave leads, which interestingly hasn't sent the pound into a plunge or affected the bookies. Betfair implied odds are currently 74% to Remain; a figure more or less static the last few days barring a small fluctuation either way. Betting markets and forex markets obviously confident - either their own polling is a lot more favourable to remain or they're about to suffer an almighty burn.

Phone poll and another online one out at 10pm, which may or may not create movement.

My bet's on a low turnout 55.1% to 60%, 16/1, based on thinking that a lot of people won't know what the f**k's going on with all the lies, exaggerations and counter claims and won't bother voting. My other bet is on holiday Euros. I was going to gamble on a Remain vote but I bottled it and took some out today at 1.28 Euros to the Pound, as insurance. I'll be ready for a spike early on Friday morning to buy big though if Remain wins.

Plenty pissed off fishermen.

The last figures available with a Google search had less than 5000 fishermen working in Scotland.

I know there will be more across the industry,but are they really a big enough block to have an effect??

The last figures available with a Google search had less than 5000 fishermen working in Scotland.

I know there will be more across the industry,but are they really a big enough block to have an effect??

I wish the Norwegian fishermen would have a wee chat. They got an opt out in their deal with the EU but are now campaigning to get in because of the tarrifs they have to pay to sell to Europe, their major market.

Archived