Europa League 2016/17

lichtie23

Some of the games in the Europa League have again been excellent this season. Ajax have been highly entertaining throughout.

Their style v Mourinho and Man U's pragmatism will make for an intriguing final. 

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69
Some of the games in the Europa League have again been excellent this season. Ajax have been highly entertaining throughout.
Their style v Mourinho and Man U's pragmatism will make for an intriguing final. 

If united get 1nil up united will close it out, if they fall behind and have to come out they will struggle

Not sure why everyone slating Guidetti, was a miss but not that bad. the ball was smashed at him it wasn't exactly a precision pass was it?

It's was like baillys punch, missed but guidetti tried to get on the end of it

Bailly is a big miss for Utd in the final. It could be a very entertaining affair.

Exactly. Suppose Smalling could be fit, but he'd still be partnering Daley Blind. Smalling, Blind and Jones are hardly tantalising options.

I grew up in an era when Man Utd were - love them or hate them - a very easy watch. 

This Utd side would have me closing the curtains if they were kicking a ball about out the backdoor. Dreadfully dull to watch. 

On 03/05/2017 at 19:36, Afro said:

What's the deal with Lacazette? I keep seeing silly figures being banded around for him and every time I've seen him he's bang average. Been in young de Ligt's back pocket since he came on.

Very nearly dragged his team from exit last night; have to say though, that Lyon played well for only one half of four in the tie is pretty damning of them. Ajax were in danger of going to pieces in the second half, and arguably did, but they deserved it for the pumping they dished out last week. I fancy them to turn over Man Utd in the final, now. The English media will do a good job of talking them down.

My preference for this final should be obvious; for the sake of Dutch football, Ajax has to win the EL with Feyenoord winning our domestic league. I can't stand either club (Feyenoord especially), but that way both would get a direct ticket to the group stage of the Champions League. If Ajax wins both, they will slot in via the league with the EL ticket being awarded to a non-Dutch team (people are saying Nice would get it) as you can't swap the tix around domestically.

It would be the first time since 10/11 that we have two clubs in the group stage, and would provide a much-needed boost to the image of the ever-crumbling Dutch league, in addition to a welcome financial boost. Sadly enough, I imagine Utd will smash the game on individual quality alone. If not, the entire Ajax squad deserves a statue outside the Johan Cruijff Arena.

16 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

I'd normally watch both games at the same time but Mrs Boo has decided to use her laptop for first time in 6 months. My tablet takes an age to fire up and just annoys me now.... grrrrr

You're always annoyed jimmy boy. The vast majority of the time it's due to me making a rip-roaring twat of you! :whistle

Archived