Gordon Strachan

Elixir

The whole SFA need kicked out and a revamp of our game needs to happen, none of them have a clue and that Includes Strachan. We also have the most arsehole media In the world. The english media no matter who their manager Is are ready to slaughter the team and manager a second after defeat, our media have this friendly thing with 'wee Gord' and dance around how shit we did.

How anyone thinks finishing 4th out of 6 Is success really needs to think again. We failed to make the biggest Euro's ever, he shouldve been sacked straight away.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the players attitudes must come into serious question too,in the main they've getting away with a lot of grief on here. Anytime I watch them I see a distinct lack of pride and fight in the dark blue jersey,it's just not good enough. You pull that dark blue jersey on you should be prepared to fight for it. Clapping and applauding these clowns isn't going to wash anymore,if they've let us down they should be booed and hounded off the park. They should be left in no doubt,it's not on anymore.

:lol:

We're trying to have a serious conversation here.

:lol:

We're trying to have a serious conversation here.

No one said the players were blameless, end of the day the Manager, Strachan continues to pick these players so ultimately he is at fault for that in the sense that if they are not ready or up to the task. The shameful thing is there are GOOD Scottish Players out there, namely in the SPFL, who would walk through a brick wall to Play for Scotland and, with the right management in charge, could probably up their levels to get results for Scotland. Strachan is a dinosaur of a Manager who has spent too long in England. Personally his lack of Faith in Scottish based Players, outwith certain Clubs tells you all you need to know about his view on this. His general attitude to Scottish Football in general is terrible, he would sooner call a Player up from York City who was conceived in a layby in Gretna rather than call up an experienced SPL Player just because they play in England.

The whole SFA need kicked out and a revamp of our game needs to happen, none of them have a clue and that Includes Strachan. We also have the most arsehole media In the world. The english media no matter who their manager Is are ready to slaughter the team and manager a second after defeat, our media have this friendly thing with 'wee Gord' and dance around how shit we did.

How anyone thinks finishing 4th out of 6 Is success really needs to think again. We failed to make the biggest Euro's ever, he shouldve been sacked straight away.

Do you mean the Glasgow Media by any chance? You are 100% spot on, the Media here are a joke, scared to write anything that will annoy certain people.

The mentality in this country in general is rubbish and this is why we fail at most things.

I feel the players attitudes must come into serious question too,in the main they've getting away with a lot of grief on here. Anytime I watch them I see a distinct lack of pride and fight in the dark blue jersey,it's just not good enough. You pull that dark blue jersey on you should be prepared to fight for it. Clapping and applauding these clowns isn't going to wash anymore,if they've let us down they should be booed and hounded off the park. They should be left in no doubt,it's not on anymore.

Player issues can also be attributed back to a manager who has different criteria for certain players. Some get picked every single squad despite how poorly they perform for club or country (in some cases he has picked players who can't get picked for clubs then moaned that it's hard to win games when players aren't playing regularly )and others aren't even in squads for friendlies no matter how well they perform. It's no way to form a bonded team unit the way that Wales Iceland and ni have

Where did I say they would improve our fortunes exactly? All I said was that the clown Strachan has zero concrete interest in selecting Scottish based Players on a wider basis, and certainly in games that matter as well, not token gesture appearances. It wouldn't kill him to try it a little more but seeing as you want a list then the following, IMO, are deserving of consideration moving forward, not saying they will or should be called up, just saying they should be considered:

Bain/Fox/Hamilton as 3rd choice Keeper regularly

Shinnie

Wilson

Armstrong

McGregor

Nicholson

Fyvie

Cummings

Henderson

McLean

Christie

Allan

Kiltie

Greg Stewart

I am sure there are more that others could mention.

Before you get your panties in a twist bear In mind I said consideration not call them all up and put them in the team.....

However laughable you may think some of the above is, we have had 4/5 campaigns of failure from messrs, Hutton, Greer, Brown, Mulgrew, Maloney, Naismith, both Fletchers to name just a few, what have they actually achieved in a Scotland shirt that makes them such decisive options and the be all and end all? Folk moan about passion on the field well having a younger, hungrier and more Scottish based core to the team is a start, these guys based in England, whilst no doubt loyal, are not as hungry as they should be.

Folk moan about passion on the field well having a younger, hungrier and more Scottish based core to the team is a start, these guys based in England, whilst no doubt loyal, are not as hungry as they should be.

This pish marks you out as a xenophobic fud to be fair. See if I was Russell Martin and I didn't really care about playing International football, why in the name of fifty fucks would I tell the SFA that I want to be considered for selection?  Players aren't showing up for these games when they could be sat in the house ramming their Mrs senseless to get some sort of "I played for Scotland" feather in their cap.  They're here because they love football and want to play for Scotland. They just wouldn't bother their arse otherwise if they didn't - they're hardly getting fantastic exposure playing (and getting pumped) for us in qualifying groups and friendlies.

lets be honest, strachan is in a lose/lose situation with the squad he's got, trys out the younger, hungrier players, lose and gets slaughtered for picking guys with no experience whatsoever, plays the experienced guys, lose and gets it tight for not changing it

the whole rhodes and fletcher argument shows that

id actually prefer if we gave up the next one or 2 campaigns and started fresh, get the brightest and best talent scotland has, and give them a couple of campaigns to gel as a unit

lets be honest, strachan is in a lose/lose situation with the squad he's got, trys out the younger, hungrier players, lose and gets slaughtered for picking guys with no experience whatsoever, plays the experienced guys, lose and gets it tight for not changing it

id actually prefer if we gave up the next one or 2 campaigns and started fresh, get the brightest and best talent scotland has, and give them a couple of campaigns to gel as a unit

Strachan just had four friendlies to try new combinations and formations and just wasted them picking the old guard and repeatedly ignoring potential fringe players. Fact is hes a busted flush who has run out of ideas and instead of giving ourselves several months to mount a serious considered search for a successor we will likely see him screw this campaign and then be forced into a panic driven selection between qualifiers.

Strachan just had four friendlies to try new combinations and formations and just wasted them picking the old guard and repeatedly ignoring potential fringe players. Fact is hes a busted flush who has run out of ideas and instead of giving ourselves several months to mount a serious considered search for a successor we will likely see him screw this campaign and then be forced into a panic driven selection between qualifiers.

You're right, he should have given caps to untried players like Oliver Burke, John McGinn, Barrie McKay, Tony Watt, Kieran Tierney, Stephen Kingsley, and Kenny McLean.

Strachan's problem has always been his gub.

Noticed a few more pundits and people on here are starting to turn against him.

The France and Italy results/performances have brought a negative cloud over us before the start of the next qualifying campaign. The fact the Euros are on and all of our neighbours are having a great time isn't helping the mood either.

Yes he failed to get us to qualify from the last group and qualification from this group will be tough but we need to at least get behind the team. It's almost as if people can't wait for us to fail next time just to say ah 'Tartan Army cretins celebrating failure as usual' when in actual fact its them celebrating failure to justify having a moan.

The reality is we aren't going to have much success with our English Championship centre half pairing.

Strachans remit is qualification, that's all that matters, to him, sfa, the tartan army and the non deluded.

It's a short term target when the whole of Scottish football needs a long term strategy especially just now.

The 2 aren't going to mix, especially with a real lack of quality, clear for all to see.

It's going to be 20 years since qualifying ffs, other nations around us are improving and we're stagnating.

We really need our best youngsters playing competive games, gaining experience, growing together so in 4/6 years we're a team awash with 50+ caps and players in their prime.

Strachan won't gamble with this philosophy and quite rightly from his perspective, it's not his job to reshape Scottish football.

Don't particularly like strachan but his first full campaign, 8 competitive games (excluding Gibraltar) isn't really that many games to judge anyone imo, he deserves this campaign, despite the whole formula for me being short sighted.

We're inpatient f*uckers footballs fans, heightened much more when our national teams at the forefront of discussion.

It would help if he had a positive game plan other than setting up teams not to lose.  For the majority of matches we play with just one up front.  How the f**k is that progress ? And how the f**k are we going to win games with that attitude and drilling that negative attitude into the players. 

Why not try a more ambitious formation  and give the other teams something to think about ?  Or even mix it up a bit in matches.  At least show some ambition .  

It would help if he had a positive game plan other than setting up teams not to lose.  For the majority of matches we play with just one up front.  How the f**k is that progress ? And how the f**k are we going to win games with that attitude and drilling that negative attitude into the players. 

Why not try a more ambitious formation  and give the other teams something to think about ?  Or even mix it up a bit in matches.  At least show some ambition .  

Because we're not good enough.  Just throwing two strikers up front is an anachronism in football today, and it certainly won't help a side who already struggles to keep the ball and shield relatively poor defenders to take a midfielder away.

The formation isn't really the issue. It's more how we play. We are so wasteful with possession and still think thumping it up the pitch is how to play. One of our biggest issues is movement off the ball. Also we seem to have very little creativity.

Add to this the negative mentality that results in us shiteing it in away games and thinking that some teams are a 'free shot' or whatever

The formation isn't really the issue. It's more how we play. We are so wasteful with possession and still think thumping it up the pitch is how to play. One of our biggest issues is movement off the ball. Also we seem to have very little creativity.

Add to this the negative mentality that results in us shiteing it in away games and thinking that some teams are a 'free shot' or whatever

I know formation isn't, which is why it irks me so much when someone comes along and greets about how we play one up front.  Same with Thistle.

I don't necessarily think our system is to blame for a lot of our ills.  It'll definitely contribute, but I just don't think we have players who are confident enough to make the most of possession.  The thought of the players we have employing a possession-based passing game is terrifying.  There's nothing inherently wrong with being direct, but like you say, when there's very little movement then that system is going to fall down too.  Fletcher isn't going to pull defenders around, just like other strikers we have won't hold it up as well as he does. 

The Georgia game was a good example.  We started pretty listlessly and they went ahead.  From then on they were happy to give us the ball for the remaining minutes.  We spent most of the game on the edge of their box passing the ball back and forth looking for openings that we could never find.  Playing that way all the time would result in games like that against sides we should beat, and getting cruelly exposed against better teams.

We can talk about systems for months, but the sad fact is we're in dire need of better players.  Nothing to do with call-ups, they simply don't exist.

It would help if he had a positive game plan other than setting up teams not to lose. For the majority of matches we play with just one up front

Ooft! :lol:

Because we're not good enough.  Just throwing two strikers up front is an anachronism in football today, and it certainly won't help a side who already struggles to keep the ball and shield relatively poor defenders to take a midfielder away.

So basically what you are saying is Scotland are shite and can't be taught anything other than to avoid defeat ?     Because that certainly seems to be the case at the moment. 

This must be the Largs  book of football coming back to bite us on the arse ! 

Archived