Gordon Strachan

Elixir

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

'Reign of error' was a nice wee play on words I thought.

Pandarilla is probably too raging at how everyone is treating poor Gordon to notice a play on words.

From his comments today he really has gone fucking off it. It's as if he's just searching endlessly to find crap excuses for disagreeing with the popular opinion and justifying all his wrong decisions over the past year. If the SFA had any backbone and/or common sense they'd get him binned.

Strachan is just another clown stuck in the 1980s. Another drop in the ocean, if you will. It seems our game is riddled with them. 

Strachan seriously needs to go. That's Burke and Griffiths now out of favour due to the 'way he wants to play', which reminiscent of your average pub team in 1986. 

The latest comments from Strachan just serve to underline what we already know.

The job he's now doing is now characterised by a lack of direction and coherence.

He's barely at the stage now of deserving to be taken seriously at all.  The concern though is that a decent player like Griffiths might be inclined to chuck international football.  We don't want that.

Just the latest ramblings of a deluded fool.

It's just embarrassing for all concerned. It would be better for all parties if a little mutual consent agreement was reached in the next few days.

Sadly it won't be, and the circus will carry on. I'm sure he's got a few witty quips and one liners up his sleeve for the media build up to the England game. He'll be salivating at the thought of all the attention he's going to be getting.

I'd be quite intrigued to hear the murmurings from his other major backers in light of these clusterfuck bleatings, given that the focus has shifted fully from our failings on the pitch, to the ravings of a man with (at best) some seriously deluded God complex issues, and how it's now abundantly clear that those have infested the surrounds of the entire squad. 

At no stage in his tenure has he given the remotest inkling that what he says in public, is any different to behind the scenes. 

Blueprints, is it? Fuckin' hell. 

He wanks on about having someone up front who can 'hold the ball up' in order to 'bring others in to play'.

Who? Who is the ball being 'held up' for? Who is being 'brought in to play'? And which of our strikers actually 'holds the ball up'? Folk might say Steven Fletcher and that pass he made once, but apart from then when has this caveman tactic actually worked?

WGS is obviously saying all this to get the sack as the SFA don't want to have to do it due to the money he'd be owed. I can't think of any other reason for the brazen and ignorant comments he continues to make to the press. Chris Sutton was spot on. I don't think he wants the job and amazes me we have a manager in place going into the next qualifier against the countries biggest rivals!!!

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

If Strachan is picking our only striker on the basis of their ability to defend corners he's even more of a useless c**t then I thought. Given his thinking then surely Gordon Greer should start up front in our next game.

Please don't give him ideas.

He wanks on about having someone up front who can 'hold the ball up' in order to 'bring others in to play'.

Who? Who is the ball being 'held up' for? Who is being 'brought in to play'? And which of our strikers actually 'holds the ball up'? Folk might say Steven Fletcher and that pass he made once, but apart from then when has this caveman tactic actually worked?

It's fine having a philosophy if it's a winning one. He hasn't had a decent win since Ireland two years ago.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The first one (Giroud) wasn't (6'4). The next two, Stancu (6'0) and Payet (5'9) were not. Worth noting that the two France goals were from open play and the Romanian goal was a penalty.

The next goalscorers were Schar (6'1, from a corner), Bale (6'0, from a free kick), Duda (6'0, from open play), Robson Kanu (6'1, from open play), Dier (6'2, from a free kick), Glushakov (5,11, from a corner), Modric (5'9, from open play), Milik (6'1, open play), Mustafi (6'0, header from a free kick), Schweinsteiger (6'0, from open play), Pique (6'4, from open play), Hoolahan (5'6, from open play), Clark (6'2, own goal from open play), Giaccherini (5'6, from open play), Pelle (6'4, from open play) and Szalai (6'4, from open play).

So of the first 19 goals scored at the Euros, 2 were from corners and one was from an indirect free kick. 2 were direct free kicks, one was a penalty and the rest were from open play. 10 of those scorers were either 6 foot or under in height. Of the first 19 goals scored in the Euros, only 3 were headers.

Perhaps Strachan meant that 19 goals were scored across the tournament from headers?

I knew the first 3 from memory weren't from set plays. Fair play to you for trawling through all 19 :lol:

Reading carefully between the lines of these ostensibly balanced posts, I think that that opinion might just have turned against our manager...

I'd like to imagine someone at the SFA is sounding out replacements as we speak, but they're probably too busy increasing their own wages.

38 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

I knew the first 3 from memory weren't from set plays. Fair play to you for trawling through all 19 :lol:

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's what I love about P&B.  There's always someone who can be arsed doing that kind of research.

I was bored as f**k at work. Killed about 15 minutes. Just went on the UEFA site which has detailed match reports of every game (including analysis from a reporter from each of the countries involved in each game) so I saw who scored and how. A quick Wikipedia of each player gave me their height

Just now, DA Baracus said:

I was bored as f**k at work. Killed about 15 minutes. Just went on the UEFA site which had detailed match reports of every game so I saw who scored and how. A quick Wikipedia of each player gave me their height

Don't feel the need to justify it.

It was a great way of blowing apart Strachan's latest bout of gibberish.

Archived