Champions League 2016/17

lichtie23

Be good to see someone win consecutive ones for the first time in almost 30 years.

88/89 was the last time, AC Milan winning two in a row.

Why would it be good though? I don't really watch the CL and think that it falls short because it hasn't had a consecutive winner during its current format. Any of the other 3 would be a good story and a breath of fresh air tbh.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would it be good though? I don't really watch the CL and think that it falls short because it hasn't had a consecutive winner during its current format. Any of the other 3 would be a good story and a breath of fresh air tbh.

Because it'll shut up the morons who keep talking about it never being done before.

Personally I want Juventus to win for Buffon, or Atletico to win since they've lost two so recently. Monaco winning would be good too as they seem exciting.

Because it'll shut up the morons who keep talking about it never being done before.

Personally I want Juventus to win for Buffon, or Atletico to win since they've lost two so recently. Monaco winning would be good too as they seem exciting.

That's fair enough I suppose. I agree with wanting the others to win as well, Monaco are the weakest team though and think they will get knocked out no matter what.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just me who's eagerly awaiting Jimmy boo outing himself as a homophobe?

Really? You'll have a long wait and obviously have far too much time on your hands.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Hello, Jimmy Boo would you like some wine?

Pirlo-wine.jpg

Now that you mention it, I very much would:cheers

Still don't want him to win a CL medal though.

40 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

No he hasn't.

Are you meaning the Champions League? I thought it clear was I meant everything but given that was how the conversation started.

If not all I can think of is maybe the Fairs Cup or something but I can't see any evidence he played in it and it would mean the journalist who tweeted it was wrong.

35 minutes ago, throbber said:

Did you actually read that back before you posted?:lol: You don't 'really' watch it but seem to care a lot about Buffon  and the lovely Italian players over the years:blink:

Did you actually read that back before you posted?:lol: You don't 'really' watch it but seem to care a lot about Buffon  and the lovely Italian players over the years:blink:

The post came out all wrong!

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Hello, Jimmy Boo would you like some wine?

Pirlo-wine.jpg

brown.jpg.05b7a7b8150eca1e110712e39dceb776.jpg

Pirlo's just a poncy wino wuss who couldn't handle a proper bevvy and kebab like a real footballer.

Haha if a picture could tell a thousand words!

Buffon is probably in the top 5 of the most handsome Italian players in recent memory but Paolo Maldini must go down as the finest looking professional footballer of all time. Chiselled jaw, piercing blue eyes and absolutely perfect hair and skin, just a perfect specimen altogether.

Ronaldinho get the most votes?

Luke Chadwick I'm sure would have been up there too.

I can't believe I didn't even mention Baggio or Del Piero among the handsome Italians list of mine! What a bunch.

9 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Anyone but Real for me. Don't mind Buffon but don't particularly like Juventus. Atlètico-Monaco final would be my perfect scenario.

im the same don't mind them but cannot be bothered with them winning it again 

I would most like Monaco to win, would be happy enough for Juve to win partly as I like Buffon, partly as I loved Italian football as a kid so seeing Italian teams do well just seems right to me, though I don't really like Juventus. Would prefer Real Madrid not to win, but would be nice to see Ronaldo get another champions league win. Really cannot stand Atletico Madrid though. I find something utterly dislikable about them and still have an ill feeling towards them from when we played them in the UEFA cup.

Archived