Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

In football terms no club should be allowed to continue to be a member of the SPFL until all debt is guaranteed to be repaid at £1 to the £1 whther its football debt or not.  Furthermore they should then have to start in league 2 . Its far too easy an option for teams these days to go bust shaft their creditors with 0p in the £1 offers and then carry on as if nothing has happened.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait - what parade do Hibs have planned?

Hibs haven't finished 3rd in over a decade and have managed it only three times in 40 years.

Joke of a club.

:lol:

The best sides show their consistency over a league campaign, not cup ties.

Suggesting Hearts won't win cup competitions any more because we're not spunking £5,000+ a week on shit players. Laughable. :D

Remember the "level playing field"? How is that working out exactly?

Making the case for lower league football. :lol:

This is why your club will always be a laughing stock. It filters through from your loser support.

In the eyes of oddball Hibs supporters like yourself, but not in the eyes of the majority of football supporters who only give a f**k about, erm, football.

In general terms, begging for survival and bumping lots of companies is a lot more embarrassing than losing a football match.

Administration a very legal and common practise, why so salty? Out of all the flavours and you go salty

You are showing contempt for the victims of your football club's gross financial incompetence, peoples livelihoods would have been affected.

Any club going into administration should be demoted to the second division.

Administration a very legal and common practise, why so salty? Out of all the flavours and you go salty

It doesn't make it right though does it? Its the ultimate humiliation a company having to apply for administration.

You are showing contempt for the victims of your football club's gross financial incompetence, peoples livelihoods would have been affected.

Any club going into administration should be demoted to the second division.

You say that as if it's only evil football clubs that ever go into administration. It's a pretty common business occurence and businesses deal with it all the time. It's a fact of life.

Before changing career a while back, I worked in a small business and there were a few occasions where we didn't get money because somebody went bust / into admin. It happens.

You say that as if it's only evil football clubs that ever go into administration. It's a pretty common business occurence and businesses deal with it all the time. It's a fact of life.

Before changing career a while back, I worked in a small business and there were a few occasions where we didn't get money because somebody went bust / into admin. It happens.

I am well aware that it is a common occurance in business, doesn't make it any more acceptable.

Before I changed career I worked in the print industry for many years and some of the dodgy goings on around admins were farcical in their blatantness.

I am well aware that it is a common occurance in business, doesn't make it any more acceptable.

Before I changed career I worked in the print industry for many years and some of the dodgy goings on around admins were farcical in their blatantness.

How's that relevant? Hearts clearly did not go into administration on purpose.

It cost the jobs of people at the club and led to us being relegated. Hardly something the club engineered deliberately.

Businesses go into administration. It happens. Hearts did, then came back out and are now doing well. The faux outrage from some fans about this is funny. Good news for the whole community. Hearts continue to operate and employ people, and the businesses of Gorgie (bookies, pubs, shops, chippies, restaurants etc) have 15-16,000 potential customers every other week.

People should be pleased.

How's that relevant? Hearts clearly did not go into administration on purpose.

It cost the jobs of people at the club and led to us being relegated. Hardly something the club engineered deliberately.

Businesses go into administration. It happens. Hearts did, then came back out and are now doing well. The faux outrage from some fans about this is funny. Good news for the whole community. Hearts continue to operate and employ people, and the businesses of Gorgie (bookies, pubs, shops, chippies, restaurants etc) have 15-16,000 potential customers every other week.

People should be pleased.

I'm reminded of the programme on Channel 5 can't pay we take it away.

Well if I buy a car and can't afford the repayments, the finance company take it back.

So why do Hearts get to keep the Cups they won on creditors cash that they never seen again?

I'm reminded of the programme on Channel 5 can't pay we take it away.

Well if I buy a car and can't afford the repayments, the finance company take it back.

So why do Hearts get to keep the Cups they won on creditors cash that they never seen again?

Because winning a competition is different to owning a material possession. Not a difficult intellectual point to grasp.

Tell me, if two parents put their kid through a very expensive education on loans they end up unable to pay back, should the kid be stripped of any exam results achieved during this expensive education?

Hearts did not break the rules. Our players were signed and registered properly. We won the competitions while playing within the rules. All the sour grapes in the world won't change that.

So have hibs paid back all the people they shafted in 1990 under Duff and Gray? Do they have plans to pay back the bank debt they built up then had written off while "living within their means"?

No idea, you tell me.

Our owner made a deal with the bank to take over our debt. Nobody got shatted. hearts were £20m in debt and still got more on the tick knowing fine well it would never be paid back, using services they knew would never be paid for. Shameless and classless. That's not the supports fault though as they have been tremendous. Let's not pretend a lot of folk lost their jobs and lots of companies lost lots of monies through hearts shafting them though. I'm sure most of them got over it because of a cup win in 2012.

Because winning a competition is different to owning a material possession. Not a difficult intellectual point to grasp.

Tell me, if two parents put their kid through a very expensive education on loans they end up unable to pay back, should the kid be stripped of any exam results achieved during this expensive education?

Hearts did not break the rules. Our players were signed and registered properly. We won the competitions while playing within the rules. All the sour grapes in the world won't change that.

Nope, I'm sure the parents would be mortified though and the kid would be slagged rotten.

Imagine every club decided ah feck it we'll just spunk cash we havenae got on some players we cannae really afford so that we can win a few trophies. Who cares about the mess we leave in our wake. The leagues would be an utter shambles. Clubs should be barred from paying money for players until all debts are paid in full.

How many Scottish cup ties have hearts won since 2012 m8? Three games against hibs too in that time :lol:

Did you get a parade for those 5th round wins? Good luck in the Petrofac next year boys

lololololollollollollllllllolollolol

Did you get a parade for those 5th round wins? Good luck in the Petrofac next year boys

lololololollollollollllllllolollolol

You do for final wins. Going on Saturday m8?

"Hearts did not break the rules" where is the paragraph that says signing players you can't afford and winning trophies is to be commended and we will be happy for you to do it?

Archived