Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we brought in swashbuckling South American stars.

You brought in Edgarus Jankauskas.

Disgusting, should have been liquidated IMO.?

Bitch, please.

Shadwell who have hearts/rangers and dundee bought thats been big money?

It doesnt have to be big money. Lets wait and see who sevco start signing this summer? What was the fee for soutar? 100k? Thats 100k that hearts creditors could bf getting to fill part of the hole left in their finances when they went into admin.Add the cash you got for sow and that would be at least a start.

At least we brought in swashbuckling South American stars.

You brought in Edgarus Jankauskas.

Disgusting, should have been liquidated IMO.?

A fair point, but you've forgotten about this dreamboat:

Citta+di+Palermo+SSC+Napoli+Valencia+Pre

It doesnt have to be big money. Lets wait and see who sevco start signing this summer? What was the fee for soutar? 100k? Thats 100k that hearts creditors could bf getting to fill part of the hole left in their finances when they went into admin.Add the cash you got for sow and that would be at least a start.

weve had our punishment we need money to run.our club aswell.Were a selling club like everyone else getting that money for sow will keep the club running for a while.Our punishment cant last forever we got deducted points there was also fines for late payments also signing embargos most led to us getting relegated.We accepted the punishment and got on.with supporting and funding our team.I think theres a wee bit of desperation in.youre posts bud its no happening for youre team.No good blaming everyone else us /rangers and dundee.I know one of the dundee directors nice guy loves his club they went through horrendous times too.Us well we didnt genuinly go.out to shaft anyone.

weve had our punishment we need money to run.our club aswell.Were a selling club like everyone else getting that money for sow will keep the club running for a while.Our punishment cant last forever we got deducted points there was also fines for late payments also signing embargos most led to us getting relegated.We accepted the punishment and got on.with supporting and funding our team.I think theres a wee bit of desperation in.youre posts bud its no happening for youre team.No good blaming everyone else us /rangers and dundee.I know one of the dundee directors nice guy loves his club they went through horrendous times too.Us well we didnt genuinly go.out to shaft anyone.

My teams doing just fine. Only two games away from promotion and in an excellent financial position having posted a profit of 1.5 million last year. Crowds are also in the up substantially. I just feel that your punishment shouldve been more than one season in the championship for this sort of thing. Its unfair on the supporters of other well run clubs otherwise.

Vlad fell into a trap many other club owners have fallen into. He spent money thinking his club would be successful and make lots of money. Simple.

It would be fairer to say that Vlad fell into the trap that lots of bankers have fallen into and didn't see the global financial crisis coming.

Hearts deficit might have exasperated things but it's not the actual reason for the collapse of UKIO/UBIG

In his defence Hearts debts were about the same, in real terms, at the end of the Romanov era as at the start when Chris Robinson had guided the club to the verge of homelessness. Thanks to Edinburgh council not building us a new stadium like their counterparts in Falkirk

Through a series of debt for equity swaps and debt forgiveness deals Romanov basically covered the tab for his crazy roller coaster stewardship.

Self righteous pontification about financial doping should probably focus on Goran Petric more than Rudi SkaÄel

I said previously. Relegation to league 2 and a transfer fee ban till all creditors paid in full. Free transfers allowed. Any players sales though cash goes direct to creditors.

Aside from the fact that your proposal would destroy even more value and be against the interests of creditors

Is this an idea for the rules going forward

Or are you suggesting that it should have been applied retroactively?

Would you include creditors who were actively involved in the management of the business?

And do you realise what "Ltd." means in the context of "Falkirk Football and Athletic Club Ltd."?

It would be fairer to say that Vlad fell into the trap that lots of bankers have fallen into and didn't see the global financial crisis coming.

Hearts deficit might have exasperated things but it's not the actual reason for the collapse of UKIO/UBIG

In his defence Hearts debts were about the same, in real terms, at the end of the Romanov era as at the start when Chris Robinson had guided the club to the verge of homelessness. Thanks to Edinburgh council not building us a new stadium like their counterparts in Falkirk

Through a series of debt for equity swaps and debt forgiveness deals Romanov basically covered the tab for his crazy roller coaster stewardship.

Self righteous pontification about financial doping should probably focus on Goran Petric more than Rudi SkaÄel

How i wish the council had built us a stadium. Wouldve saved years of pain and failed promotion attempts due to not having 10k seats. The main stand at tfs is shared equally between the council and falkirk. Falkirk owning the football areas and the council the office space etc. The stand was built using the proceeds of the sale of brockville and the surrounding area. The council has nothing to do with the other two stands which are paid for by falkirk fc.

I said previously. Relegation to league 2 and a transfer fee ban till all creditors paid in full. Free transfers allowed. Any players sales though cash goes direct to creditors.

While i agree with you in principle Hearts etc. operated within the rules. Doesn't mean to say they weren't morally bankrupt as well as financially as the money men must have been able to see the writing on the wall.

It's obvious that the current rules aren't doing enough to stop these events happening. Livi and Dundee have been through it twice so I'd be even more draconian.

For an admin I'd go along with your suggestions. I'd also introduce a measure where if borrowings or debt repayments exceeded a percentage of last seasons turnover then you get docked 10 points at the end of the season. This might stop clubs gambling even for a short period of time thinking they can make it up later. Things like borrowing to build a new stand might have to be financed over longer periods but would ultimately be more affordable.

While i agree with you in principle Hearts etc. operated within the rules. Doesn't mean to say they weren't morally bankrupt as well as financially as the money men must have been able to see the writing on the wall.

It's obvious that the current rules aren't doing enough to stop these events happening. Livi and Dundee have been through it twice so I'd be even more draconian.

For an admin I'd go along with your suggestions. I'd also introduce a measure where if borrowings or debt repayments exceeded a percentage of last seasons turnover then you get docked 10 points at the end of the season. This might stop clubs gambling even for a short period of time thinking they can make it up later. Things like borrowing to build a new stand might have to be financed over longer periods but would ultimately be more affordable.

Wouldn't it make more sense to cap the wage bill relative to turnover given that the supposed "crime" here is overspending on players. Debt is merely the smoking gun

Of course if a collapse in form from overpaid players leads to relegation and a collapse in turnover then the club would be faced with a choice between not honouring the players contracts and breaking the salary cap but that's another issue.

Or maybe, just maybe, we should admit that professional sport is an inherently risky business and occasionally things will go wrong.

How i wish the council had built us a stadium. Wouldve saved years of pain and failed promotion attempts due to not having 10k seats. The main stand at tfs is shared equally between the council and falkirk. Falkirk owning the football areas and the council the office space etc. The stand was built using the proceeds of the sale of brockville and the surrounding area. The council has nothing to do with the other two stands which are paid for by falkirk fc.

I stand at least partly corrected

Who owns the pitch

Archived