Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was everyone this angry when Dundee shafted their creditors?

Aye. Dundee also made a mockery of the system. In fact they've made a mockery of the system twice. Second time into admin should mean game over and out the leagues for good. My point here is that the rules have to be stiffened up so that a club entering administration faces a number of years of pain and not simply one year in the championship  and then everything back to normal after jettisoning tens of millions of pounds worth of debt. Hearts chose admin against going down the liquidation route like sevco. In this case its the easy way out but that should no longer be the case in my view.

Aye. Dundee also made a mockery of the system. In fact they've made a mockery of the system twice. Second time into admin should mean game over and out the leagues for good. My point here is that the rules have to be stiffened up so that a club entering administration faces a number of years of pain and not simply one year in the championship  and then everything back to normal after jettisoning tens of millions of pounds worth of debt. Hearts chose admin against going down the liquidation route like sevco. In this case its the easy way out but that should no longer be the case in my view.

So, you'd punt a club with a long history and probably one of the ten best-supported clubs in the country? Forever. Seriously?

Glad you're not in charge. It'd be a shambles.

Again, I'll ask. Do you believe that Hearts had the intention of going into administration? Nobody's given a straight answer on this yet. We all know why.

So, you'd punt a club with a long history and probably one of the ten best-supported clubs in the country? Forever. Seriously?

Glad you're not in charge. It'd be a shambles.

Again, I'll ask. Do you believe that Hearts had the intention of going into administration? Nobody's given a straight answer on this yet. We all know why.

I did. It was intended long before it happened.

How did the club conclude was the best pay to pay off debt? Was there ever a plan of action?

Again they had the choice between administration and the sevco route of liquidation and chose the easy way out.

They punted Rangers out the leagues. They were just fortunate that they got voted back in again. Second admin should be the same. Clubs might let them back in might not. As long as clubs are allowed to go along spending cash they don't have knowing that admin is a safety net  with very little punishment they'll continue to do it.

I did. It was intended long before it happened.

How did the club conclude was the best pay to pay off debt? Was there ever a plan of action?

No, you know fine well that is not the question.

The idea promoted earlier in the thread is that Hearts deliberately over-spent with the intention of going into admin. So, in 2007, for example, do you believe Hearts wanted to go into admin eventually? I'm calling that out as utter nonsense.

Vlad fell into a trap many other club owners have fallen into. He spent money thinking his club would be successful and make lots of money. Simple.

Again they had the choice between administration and the sevco route of liquidation and chose the easy way out.

I think pretty much every football club would make the same choice. Would you like your club to die?

No, you know fine well that is not the question.

The idea promoted earlier in the thread is that Hearts deliberately over-spent with the intention of going into admin. So, in 2007, for example, do you believe Hearts wanted to go into admin eventually? I'm calling that out as utter nonsense.

Vlad fell into a trap many other club owners have fallen into. He spent money thinking his club would be successful and make lots of money. Simple.

I think pretty much every football club would make the same choice. Would you like your club to die?

In 2007 herts sold themselves to the devil and was at the mercy of the guy. The club probably had no say in anything that happened but desperate times called for desperate measures. Gradually over time it was clear to all apart from the "we owe it to ourselves" mob admin would happen yet still borrowed more and took from others. A shocking way to be ran. When other clubs sold players to cut their cloth hearts ignored that and championed about being a big club adding to the debt. Let's not pretend it came out of the blue. Hearts have outlived their means the past 20 years and done sod all about it until there was no other option than to call in administrators.

In 2007 herts sold themselves to the devil and was at the mercy of the guy. The club probably had no say in anything that happened but desperate times called for desperate measures. Gradually over time it was clear to all apart from the "we owe it to ourselves" mob admin would happen yet still borrowed more and took from others. A shocking way to be ran. When other clubs sold players to cut their cloth hearts ignored that and championed about being a big club adding to the debt. Let's not pretend it came out of the blue. Hearts have outlived their means the past 20 years and done sod all about it until there was no other option than to call in administrators.

Untrue.

In 2012 Hearts accounts showed debt down by 12 million quid and the club in profit for the second successive year.

Hardly 'doing sod all about it".

I think that's really one of the main areas where football really lets itself down. There's an old saying 'cheats never prosper' and yet in football they invariably do. Clubs like ourselves , hibs etc have been financially prudent over a number of years and yet are a division below teams that have taken the utter pish out of scottish football and their local communities like Sevco, Hearts and Dundee. Its obvious that the punishment for going into admin doesnt fit the crime especially in the case of Dundee and Hearts who have suffered very little for their actions. It really must stick in the throat of hearts and dundee's creditors to see them now spending large amounts on players whilst having left them with huge holes in their finances due to debts being left unpaid. Anne Budge loves getting into the news regarding all the good she has done for Hearts but has still totally ignored the plight of the creditors left in their wake.

Yes, I'm sure the local businesses of Gorgie and Edinburgh hate that its football team is successful again.

Hope you've got those 3rd place finishes in the honours list then.

A lot more than Hibs no matter what way you look at it.

:lol:

In football terms no club should be allowed to continue to be a member of the SPFL until all debt is guaranteed to be repaid at £1 to the £1 whther its football debt or not. Furthermore they should then have to start in league 2 . Its far too easy an option for teams these days to go bust shaft their creditors with 0p in the £1 offers and then carry on as if nothing has happened.

Fortunately, legal vigilanties like yourself don't make the rules.

I think that's really one of the main areas where football really lets itself down. There's an old saying 'cheats never prosper' and yet in football they invariably do.  Clubs like ourselves , hibs etc have been financially prudent over a number of years and yet are a division below teams that have taken the utter pish out of scottish football and their local communities like Sevco, Hearts and Dundee. Its obvious that the punishment for going into admin doesnt fit the crime especially in the case of Dundee and Hearts who have suffered very little for  their actions.  It really must stick in the throat of hearts and dundee's creditors to see them now spending large amounts on players whilst having left them with huge holes in their finances due to debts being left unpaid.  Anne Budge loves getting into the news regarding all the good she has done for Hearts but has still totally ignored the plight of the creditors left in their wake. 

In football terms no club should be allowed to continue to be a member of the SPFL until all debt is guaranteed to be repaid at £1 to the £1 whther its football debt or not.  Furthermore they should then have to start in league 2 . Its far too easy an option for teams these days to go bust shaft their creditors with 0p in the £1 offers and then carry on as if nothing has happened.

Imagine every club decided ah feck it we'll just spunk cash we havenae got on some players we cannae really afford so that we can win a few trophies. Who cares about the mess we leave in our wake. The leagues would be an utter shambles. Clubs should be barred from paying money for players until all debts are paid in full.

Your umbrage is with the administration rules of the SPFL, not with Hearts. So please spare us your sanctimonious pish. 

Archived