Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it make more sense to cap the wage bill relative to turnover given that the supposed "crime" here is overspending on players. Debt is merely the smoking gun

Of course if a collapse in form from overpaid players leads to relegation and a collapse in turnover then the club would be faced with a choice between not honouring the players contracts and breaking the salary cap but that's another issue.

Or maybe, just maybe, we should admit that professional sport is an inherently risky business and occasionally things will go wrong.

Personally I don't care whether the results are caused by overspending on players or anything else. By punishing clubs for excessive borrowing you might be able to nip these events in the bud before they lead to administration. Salaries are only part of the outgoings so I'd prefer a holistic view is taken.

If a club is sailing so close to the wind that a relegation would see them breach the rules I'd argue that club isn't being competently managed financially. Clubs need to manage the risk of potential relegation. It can happen to any team as Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee Utd. Have shown and under a variety of circumstances. Hearts support never collapsed. Rangers didn't until the financial/boardroom shenanigans continued. Hibs support is down but hasn't collapsed. It was in decline anyway because of poor performances in the SPL.

What's everyone favourite moments this season?

For me it has to be Hanlon's equaliser at Tynecastle. Complete scenes in the stand.

In terms of celebrations between Hanlon at Tynie and when Cummings put us 1-0 up at Ibrox. The celebrations when Fontaine levelled at Hampden were unreal too.

Enjoyed Malonga's goal immensely too. Also a mention to his last minute winner against QOTS. McGinn's goal against st.johnstone was a great moment for the club as was beating hearts at Easter road

Plenty of highs from this season despite not getting our main goal. Hopefully the biggest high we've ever experienced on Saturday. I'll be out for about a week :lol:

For me it has to be Hanlon's equaliser at Tynecastle. Complete scenes in the stand.

So far you mean? :) scenes in the hibs end when Jason scored at Ibrox was better than the pink shithole for me. Also tearing apart St Mirren away, the boos and the abuse got McGinn got rammed down their throat was lovely.

So far you mean? :) scenes in the hibs end when Jason scored at Ibrox was better than the pink shithole for me. Also tearing apart St Mirren away, the boos and the abuse got McGinn got rammed down their throat was lovely.

Saturday will be even better and better. 8).

Check your pm's bud ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Favourite Hibs moment is a tough one. Some good choices this year.

Cummings' miss at Raith? Cummings' penalty in the semi final? Hibs losing and being shut out at Alloa? Hibs blowing a 2-goal lead at home to Falkirk which would have vastly improved their promotion chances? Hibs losing a comedy last minute goal in the League Cup final to a man in a bra? Hibs losing a last gasp goal at Falkirk to condemn them to yet another season in the Championship and hasten their descent into oblivion?

Hard to know where to start, really.

Cummings' miss at Raith? Cummings' penalty in the semi final? Hibs losing and being shut out at Alloa? Hibs blowing a 2-goal lead at home to Falkirk which would have vastly improved their promotion chances? Hibs losing a comedy last minute goal in the League Cup final to a man in a bra? Hibs losing a last gasp goal at Falkirk to condemn them to yet another season in the Championship and hasten their descent into oblivion?

Speaking of blowing a 2- goal lead at home....

post-65422-14634446715751_thumb.jpg

:lol:

I'll give you 2 weeks.

Nil nil draw wrote:

Tell me, if two parents put their kid through a very expensive education on loans they end up unable to pay back, should the kid be stripped of any exam results achieved during this expensive education?

It's more like, if two parents bought a really smart kid with money they didn't have and put their own thick kid in a bedroom, should the parents be able to gloat about the smart kid's exam results?

Nil nil draw wrote:

Tell me, if two parents put their kid through a very expensive education on loans they end up unable to pay back, should the kid be stripped of any exam results achieved during this expensive education?

It's more like, if two parents bought a really smart kid with money they didn't have and put their own thick kid in a bedroom, should the parents be able to gloat about the smart kid's exam results?

Yes.

He didn't quite understand the question I put to him if he thought his answer was the same.

The real world (away from football) if you cannot afford something it gets taken away.

Try buying a Ferrari and offering the finance company 5p in the pound and see how far you get.

Let's hope the days of Hearts, Rangers, Dundee, Dunfermline and Livi taking the pish are gone

Archived