Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

You'll laugh at me saying this (when's that ever stopped me posting something) but Stubbs has one or two attributes of a potentially alright manager.

However there's more than or two areas where he's majorly lacking and when they've started to work against him, he's dealt with it abysmally. Maybe he'll learn from those mistakes and do a good job somewhere one day but if he wins nothing this season, we shouldn't wait about to see if he can get his shit together.

I think he has an eye for a decent player and can get them playing as a team now and again, but for hibs to be 3 years in that league with that budget is a disgrace.

He goes down as butcher levels of disaster for hibs.

Saying that, it can't always be the manager.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trio of utter fucking Hibs weapons still nowhere to be seen. They know who they are.

Truly crestfallen and broken to a state of disrepair.

neville.pngneville.pngneville.png

I think he has an eye for a decent player and can get them playing as a team now and again, but for hibs to be 3 years in that league with that budget is a disgrace.

He goes down as butcher levels of disaster for hibs.

Saying that, it can't always be the manager.

I would agree unless we win next Saturday afternoon. If we win then we could be playing in the 3rd division next season for all I care. We won't win likes, but there's still some hope for now.

Very much part of my "dealt with it abysmally" sentence. He doesn't seem to acknowledge or deal with obvious weaknesses in the team. On the flip side of that, his patter about how we've turned the corner and are back on form every time we win, is textbook how not to actually get back on form management.

If his absolutely radge ways see us winning the cup then all is forgiven but I suspect a reliable manager is actually what we need now.

But the obvious question being whom do we get in if Stubbs is shown the door or willingly walks out of it himself? You said all would be forgiven if we win the cup, but even if we somehow manage to do that there will still be a section of the support who want him gone regardless.

I'm kind of on the fence about Stubbs. Whilst he's brought in some excellent players and sussed out a tactic that worked perfectly for us (which he then changed to that frickin' diamond), with their ability and our resources we HAVE to be doing better than what we have done. He's proven that making substitutions at the right time isn't his forte, nor is knowing when to keep his trap shut when blabbing to the press.

That was hilarious away back in 2k15 when it was first posted m8

And considering we put you out of the league cup you really are in no position..

Surely it was long before 2015, Hibs have been Pish for aaaaages.

That was hilarious away back in 2k15 when it was first posted m8

And considering we put you out of the league cup you really are in no position..

Form is temporary but hibsing it is permanent. it's still funny in 2016 and my money is on it still being funny in 2026.

We also put you out. Quiet down

The only achievement your club has had for around 4 generations :lol:

:lol:  :lol:

Archived