Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Zing. said:

No replies to this. Natch. 

The modern incarnation of this for the folks holding onto this patter is simply Hibs not winning a game. Which tbf has happened far too frequently recently.

Lenny better have a plan for the second half of the season. Can't think of too many teams that have won a league changing half the team game to game for a whole season.

10 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The modern incarnation of this for the folks holding onto this patter is simply Hibs not winning a game. Which tbf has happened far too frequently recently.

Lenny better have a plan for the second half of the season. Can't think of too many teams that have won a league changing half the team game to game for a whole season.

Aye, Lenny is clueless. I've now got absolutely no faith in him to get us promoted. As you say he's still not got a settled team, we've played well in maybe two or three games this season and still struggle to score goals. 

We've gone from signing the likes of John McGinn and Scott Allan to some over the hill boys that Lennon knows and Brian fucking Graham. 

If we don't get 2 wins in our next 2 games I'd change it. I honestly would. We haven't improved, it's a myth that we've improved defensively. We concede the same goals we have the last 2 years, we can't break down utter dugshite that turn up to Easter road and we've actually regressed attacking wise. Fair enough we have players out injured in midfield but we should and have got depth in our squad and should still be winning games in this league.It's utter pish and its turning back into being a chore going to Easter road rather than being an enjoyable experience. Merry fucking Christmas.

On 17/12/2016 at 09:44, Hibeesbounce75 said:

We are the biggest, best and also Scottish cup holders.

12 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

If we don't get 2 wins in our next 2 games I'd change it. I honestly would. We haven't improved, it's a myth that we've improved defensively. We concede the same goals we have the last 2 years, we can't break down utter dugshite that turn up to Easter road and we've actually regressed attacking wise. Fair enough we have players out injured in midfield but we should and have got depth in our squad and should still be winning games in this league.It's utter pish and its turning back into being a chore going to Easter road rather than being an enjoyable experience. Merry fucking Christmas.

Although it's pretty brutal just now, everyone has to be patient.  December was always going to be one of the toughest months of the season. All the team really needs is a good wide player on the left, another on the right would be nice.  I'm not convinced Lennon will make good signings in January but we'll just have to wait and see.

Our problems are that obvious, I fancy even Lennon to address them. Or try to at least, if we sign dross in January and rotate them in and out for months, we'll be in trouble.

I'm getting boring saying this but I'll be happy if we don't drop much ground in the next few weeks.

Our problems are that obvious, I fancy even Lennon to address them. Or try to at least, if we sign dross in January and rotate them in and out for months, we'll be in trouble.
I'm getting boring saying this but I'll be happy if we don't drop much ground in the next few weeks.

With the squad you have, you should be winning the league comfortably. Least you can always go back and cry over your scottish cup dvd

There's a long way to go this season. We've been unfortunate this season with incorrect red cards, that arguably dropped us points, and injuries to numerous of our key players. I thought the first half of the Raith game was the best I've seen us in a while, obviously lacking a goal. Pressures now on for the second half of the season, and a few players are needed in. A few bed wetters, but next week we could win, united drop points and so on. It's a long way to go troops. Pleasing that Keatings is back playing, and McGinn and Fyvie are close back, not sure how far away Marciano is but I'm happy enough with Laidlaw.

Laidlaw's fine with the defence we have in front of him. Martin looks like an excellent replacement for Fyvie/Bartley, left midfield's definitely an issue and we could do with a good right winger as well.  Don't understand the Commons emergency loan when he doesn't seem match fit.  The players need to be told to take more shots on goal there was some great play through midfield yesterday but it amounts to nothing if players like Holt and Cummings stand with the ball at their feet waiting to be dispossessed.

Archived