Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Zing. said:

Laughable piece of journalism to be honest. 21 year old internationalist with two and a half years on his deal to run. Times that figure by three or big Rod will laugh maniacally before hanging up the phone.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Just googled him because I was convinced you had spelt his name wrong and was going to do some emergency loan bantz...

Anyway I was fucking staggered to learn he is only 24 year old. For some reason I always had him down as much older.

Footballing head much older than his years but apparently a body even older than that.

Fucking shame he's made of chocolate, he's a classy footballer. We're a much better team when he's fit.

Aye it's shite he's always in for a few games then out for a few weeks, but I suppose that's why he's at Easter road. If he wasn't injury prone he'd be either playing for Celtic or in the championship down south. Boy is unbelievable when he plays. Controls the tempo of games. His performance in cup final was underrated imo.

49 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Aye it's shite he's always in for a few games then out for a few weeks, but I suppose that's why he's at Easter road. If he wasn't injury prone he'd be either playing for Celtic or in the championship down south. Boy is unbelievable when he plays. Controls the tempo of games. His performance in cup final was underrated imo.

Tbf your opinion is as relevant as the SJW's  at a Trump rally.

12 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I'm surprised at that, whenever I've seen him play for Hibs against us he's made the team tick and has really stood out. Is it just major injury problems?

Yes, a great player - who on his day is too good for us IMO. But he's injured so often that he probably won't go very far in his career. Think he's got through 90 minutes about 5 times this season.

3 hours ago, Jordan Rode said:

Dylan will be punted in the summer I reckon.  

I can see that ending up like Farid. He's had more game time this season than he probably had in 2 seasons with us. If he was to move on I hope he reaches his potential. A classy player and a hibs legend.

1 minute ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

I can see that ending up like Farid. He's had more game time this season than he probably had in 2 seasons with us. If he was to move on I hope he reaches his potential. A classy player and a hibs legend.

Nah, in typical Hibs fashion he will get released, sign for St Johnstone or someone like that, be utterly amazing and injury free and be sold for dece' dosh. 

Read somewhere Hanlon is due back next week. After Efe's recent imperious displays does he get back in the starting line up? 

Efe uses the ball much better than both Hanlon and Mcgregor but he is much more prone to a mistake. With games against Morton twice and Aberdeen we need our strongest defence available, although I'm not sure what that is. Cannot remember the last time Hibs had 3 centre halves I was happy with. 

Watched a couple of the recently uploaded highlights from 05/06/07 on Hibs TV. What a team they could be at times. David Murphy and Whittaker at full back. Boozy, Brown and Thomson in midfield. Zemmama ruining folk when he felt like it. Fletcher/Sproule/Killen in forward areas. Team of absolute #ballers (apart from Shelton Martis obvs).

Archived