Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

Not really. Ive covered it already.

No, you avoided. Your reply suggested that I was somehow out of touch with reality, but myself along with a few other posters pointed the reality out to yourself which you're continuing to ignore.

No, you avoided. Your reply suggested that I was somehow out of touch with reality, but myself along with a few other posters pointed the reality out to yourself which you're continuing to ignore.

I talked about what I thought about rail prices under the last Labour government. You've either not read it or chosen to ignore it.

At least 130,000 people who have been disenfranchised/rightly prohibited from voting (delete as per your view).

Plus a few hundred thousand others who've actually been members of the party since before Christmas.

Plus a lot of interested outsiders, well wishers, Ill-wishers, politically interested people etc.

It's pretty mad that the Labour party are using member's money to stop members from voting for the leader of their party.

It's no fault of Corbyn that Labour are trailing in the polls when this sort of fiasco is going on.

It's pretty mad that the Labour party are using member's money to stop members from voting for the leader of their party.

It's no fault of Corbyn that Labour are trailing in the polls when this sort of fiasco is going on.

Are you a member?

On 8/13/2016 at 10:50, BerwickMad said:

I agree with most of that tbh. They've let the Tories call the shots and just let them get away with it. Two prime examples for me were letting the the Tories attach the blame on the credit crunch to Labour alone and not managing to deal with the Labour/SNP shit before the election. They were basically following the Tories around reacting to everything they did despite them being hugely unpopular themselves. They had no confidence in what they could do and it summed up Ed's weak leadership.

However, what they've done since is a completely different kind of awfulness. A 'leader' who has absolutely nothing about him other than his principles. People can put their head in the sand all they want and cry about the media and "but but but, you don't understand", but now more than ever, Labour need a strong leader and a firm plan to stick to so the general public know what they stand for and what they're going to do. Not the shambles they have now, perfectly shown up by the EU referendum where Corbyn's tactics provided confusion and mixed messages to anyone not already converted.

Don't tell me. "The EU is perfect, TTIP is great, the way the EU has treated Greece is great" would have won the day? Just out of interest, what percentage of Labour voters voting remain would have pleased you? Or should he have resorted to dirty tactics, Bitter Together style? Miliband lost Scotland, would you have been happy with a Remain vote but Corbyn lose the North and Wales? Most of the CLPs in the North and Wales have endorsed him by the way, and no wonder. He doesn't have the contempt for Labour voters that the Right of the Party does.

On 8/12/2016 at 00:46, Cream Cheese said:

Ian Murray is an idiot. It was Labours "save the union at all costs" attitude that has finished them up here. How this joker is still able to cling onto his seat is incredible. Edinburgh South has been heading even further South under his representation.

And in England. Why would English people who want the Tories out vote for a Party that's going to hand the Tories the keys to number 10 every time there's a hung parliament?

Don't tell me. "The EU is perfect, TTIP is great, the way the EU has treated Greece is great" would have won the day? Just out of interest, what percentage of Labour voters voting remain would have pleased you? Or should he have resorted to dirty tactics, Bitter Together style? Miliband lost Scotland, would you have been happy with a Remain vote but Corbyn lose the North and Wales? Most of the CLPs in the North and Wales have endorsed him by the way, and no wonder. He doesn't have the contempt for Labour voters that the Right of the Party does.

He's the leader of a party. Parties develop policy and campaigns. If he wants to just go off message and spout whatever he feels all of the time, he shouldn't lead the party.

9 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

He's the leader of a party. Parties develop policy and campaigns. If he wants to just go off message and spout whatever he feels all of the time, he shouldn't lead the party.

Was the Iraq war a policy or was it a campaign?

I find it strange that all these Labour MPs whose constituencies voted 'Leave' want to criticise a man whose constituency voted 'Remain'.  Maybe if they had campaigned harder in their own constituencies and/or had more affinity with their electorate then they may have gotten a different result.

I find it strange that all these Labour MPs whose constituencies voted 'Leave' want to criticise a man whose constituency voted 'Remain'.  Maybe if they had campaigned harder in their own constituencies and/or had more affinity with their electorate then they may have gotten a different result.

We're looking at you Chris Bryant.

Archived