Germany vs Slovakia

jagfox

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-0 slightly flatters Germany, but they're playing well and Slovakia can't respond to that level of performance. A few individual errors have had a significant impact to the scoreline. 

I'd love to see the look on Mattheus' face at hearing that someone might not know who he is. Not the most modest of gentlemen, apparently.

Immense at Italy 1990 though. Ooft.

Edit: bet Germany would've ended up with one point against Slovakia in the qualifiers. Totally different team.

Just seen Germany ease into 4th gear there. They've been cruising along in 3rd since they won the World Cup, which has been enough to win them their qualifying group and their group at these championships.

Now we are getting to the business end they are cranking it back up. Slovakia swatted aside with ease and I would make them favourites against either Spain or Italy in the quarters, and if they win that it's difficult to see anyone stopping them.

Podolski getting right amongst the fans.

I expect the better teams to start stepping up their game. Germany played better today that what they have, albeit against a team that didn't do themselves justice. Italy against Spain should be interesting. A dark horse against a favourite.

He's been media trained to death. All that comes out his mouth is a jumble of clichees and sound bites, like most EPL footballers to be fair.

Not as famous as the similar sounding, but differently spelled, Lothar Matthäus

I thought the spelling would have been wrong but didn't really think it was worth the hassle of checking up.

Archived