Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

1 hour ago, Scuzz said:

So you don't think Talbot and Glens are better than KRR, but that they will both beat Bonnyrigg. The same team that seemingly easily beat you yesterday...

Interesting viewpoint.

It's simple really! krr did not show at all and performance was way off the usual standard,and therefore I sum it up in that from what I've seen of all teams that yes on another day we would have got a result! we didnt it's done! but it's an open forum so my opinion.

You say seemingly were easy beaten so you know nothing of their usual performances! and know nothing of the actual game! and my opinion stands.

And let's see the results of our future games with said teams! and bonnyriggs result against the said teams whenever the draw is made then sarcasm will be welcomed.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gimme said:

Bottom line yesterday was that Bonnyrigg didn't allow KRR to play.

It looked like Bonnyrigg had watched KRR and set the team up to nullify any threat which worked.

You can blame the slope, the referee, the wind anything you want but Robbie Horne knew what was needed tactically to win and set the team up accordingly. At the end of the day it's cup football, doesn't need to be pretty, it's all about getting to the next round.

Gimme says it quite simply really!

Win it doesn't have to be pretty!

They did that and credit to them for it

No argument from yesterday at all. Bonnyrigg were much better all round and the score could easily have been doubled. They gave nothing away - so solid in defence and completely nullified any attacking threat from KRR.

I think there is also a big advantage in knowing the pitch -many of the KRR through balls in the first half just ran away for a goal kick. They may have been bigger and won the physical battle - cant fault KRR for lack of effort - just werent good enough on the day. Id agree with previous poster who stated that Bonnyrigg didnt let KRR play - but in saying they Bonnyrigg played well from 1 to 11.

31 minutes ago, Scuzz said:

I could say Talbot and Glenafton are better than you but as I haven't seen them that would be foolish wouldn't it?

Also brave of you to state you are going to win the league, reeks of arrogance but that's up to you.

Not arrogance, Scuzz. Optimism.

It's called being a supporter.

We can hardly go into these upcoming games thinking we're going to get gubbed!

Anyway, apologies for my earlier comment about Bo'ness.

I'm afraid I'm still hurting from the cup result yesterday.

If I tell you that I’m feeling almost as bad as when you mugged us in the 5th round at Adamslie just a few years ago, you get the picture.

Have a good run in till the end of the season.    Cheers.jpg.4e3195c900dd900f0a28c82c7e2326a3.jpg

I agree. But we lost to a team that don't have a great lot of footballing ability in my opinion. Big boys who play a ‘long ball’ game missing out the midfield. I honestly don't see then going any further in the cup.

Their big advantage is that they play on what can only be described as a 'quirky' park, and they know how to play it. Rob Roy on the other hand, failed to get to grips with it and that for me was the difference.

Fair enough - It's called 'home advantage', and it's what you get when your name comes out the hat first.

But for Bonnyrigg Rose, this playing surface is a major factor to where they currently sit in their league. A fair team away from home, they are practically unbeatable at home. In fact they have lost one game at home the entire season so far, and that was to Kelty Hearts – probably the best team in the East -who beat them in the first game of the season.

Even their passage in the Scottish can hardly be described as impressive. After beating Rossvale 3-1, they could only manage a draw away against second tier opposition like Thorniewood United, and Kilsyth Rangers in the later rounds, and had to rely on home advantage to get them through.

This is what I find difficult to accept. Rob Roy should have been well capable of seeing off that lot. Just one of these bad days you have to live with if you’re a Rob Roy supporter.

Still plenty to play for, and looking forward to putting Auchinleck to the sword next week.  :thumsup2

Àrd-Choille

You are an absolute slaver of a guy. Never read so much pish in my life, yous got papped get it up you. Twat

12 minutes ago, Thewhitepele said:

You are an absolute slaver of a guy. Never read so much pish in my life, yous got papped get it up you. Twat

Thank you for your comment.

Can I just say how much I value your opinion on my humble contribution, and what an absolute privilege it is to get feedback from such a learned and cultured poster. 

( ..I think there might be two 't's in Twat!)

4 hours ago, The Boy from Nowhere said:

I agree. But we lost to a team that don't have a great lot of footballing ability in my opinion. Big boys who play a ‘long ball’ game missing out the midfield. I honestly don't see then going any further in the cup.

Their big advantage is that they play on what can only be described as a 'quirky' park, and they know how to play it. Rob Roy on the other hand, failed to get to grips with it and that for me was the difference.

Fair enough - It's called 'home advantage', and it's what you get when your name comes out the hat first.

But for Bonnyrigg Rose, this playing surface is a major factor to where they currently sit in their league. A fair team away from home, they are practically unbeatable at home. In fact they have lost one game at home the entire season so far, and that was to Kelty Hearts – probably the best team in the East -who beat them in the first game of the season.

Even their passage in the Scottish can hardly be described as impressive. After beating Rossvale 3-1, they could only manage a draw away against second tier opposition like Thorniewood United, and Kilsyth Rangers in the later rounds, and had to rely on home advantage to get them through.

This is what I find difficult to accept. Rob Roy should have been well capable of seeing off that lot. Just one of these bad days you have to live with if you’re a Rob Roy supporter.

Still plenty to play for, and looking forward to putting Auchinleck to the sword next week.  :thumsup2

Àrd-Choille

Just as blinkered today as you were yesterday! Open your mind as well as your eyes, and see you were beat by a better team.

I stood next to a couple of your fellow supporters when you beat my team earlier in the cup. They were reasonable guys and we had a good chat as the game progressed. At the end I wished them and KRR all the best for the remainder of the season. Thank god I wasn't standing next to you. Enjoy your continued 'stewing' of yesterday's result for many days to come!

1 hour ago, The Boy from Nowhere said:

Thank you for your comment.

Can I just say how much I value your opinion on my humble contribution, and what an absolute privilege it is to get feedback from such a learned and cultured poster. 

( ..I think there might be two 't's in Twat!)

He probably could have put it better, but you should be embarrassed at posting that rant. Show a bit of class ffs. 

10 hours ago, eehheematin said:

Lol who will bite that muppetts bait?

Got to say losing in the quarters is gutting but not the end of the world. Maxi is building a great team and even they the squad will be hurting I think they have to remember what they have achieved this season. We are still in contention to win the league...we can still win the west or central cups and we have already won the sectional.

Hows yer new ground coming along??

Looking to league business hopefully not many more call offs,Talbot next and should be a good game! just need to push on now see what next few games bring.

what's needed ? given our last game what do we think guys.

Any signing news Red!

Archived