Wales v Belgium

1320Lichtie

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Better than Shaqiri's overhead kick?

Not the greatest technical skill, but probably takes it for me because it also had the added comedic effect of sending those 3 defenders so far away. He literally went from being surrounded to having 4 yards of space.

Copying the Iceland chant is embarassing

It was a respectful shoutout to their potential semi-final opponents, a reminder that if the Welsh can beat the No.2 or whatever in the FIFA/UEFA rankings with considerable flourish, there's no reason why the Icelandics cannot do the same to the tournament hosts, no matter what the experts thinks.

Plus it's fair to say Iceland have been quite the inspiration to all the other supposed "diddy" squads at these Euros about what can be achieved if you play as a team rather than as individuals, & don't try camping in your half for 90 minutes waiting for something to turn up in your favour.

Robson-Kanu's was the sweetest goal of the tournament. They got utterly battered for long stretches of the match but (mainly) kept their focus and did the same to Belgium, who let's be fair were good - it was only their finishing that let them down badly, and they only really went flat up after the third goal. That said, I cannot see Wilmots surviving this.

Watched the match again this morning and it's only a pity there's not been more games like it - if there's any justice Wales will destroy a dreadful Portuguese side, although those suspensions are a worry. Ronaldo's tantrums have been the only part of Portugal's matches of any entertainment value.

Belgium have invested millions over years and years to produce some quality footballers, and then appoint Marc Wilmots to manage them. A guy who has never managed, other than one short disastrous spell. Insane.

Reminds me of when Rangers spent millions on Murray Park and then made John Brown their head youth coach.

Copying the Iceland chant is embarassing

They copied it off Motherwell fans in the first place. Most chants are copied or aped in some form if they are any good by other supports.

Wilmots said post-match that he'll take his time to decide on his future and wasn't going to rush into a decision in the heat of the moment. That's a serious brass neck and ridiculously presumptive of him to think the decision should be his.

Sent a complaint in to the BBC that from the half-time coverage you'd have thought it was Albania v Hungary, not Wales in the Quarter Final, talking about a team that were no longer even in the competition. They said I'll get a reply.

P.S.

Full Complaint: This was the first time Wales had made the Quarter Final in a major tournament since 1958, an amazing achievement,against a well fancied Belgium team. They were drawing at half time, a stunning fact in itself. Nearly the entire half time coverage was about England. You are supposed to be serving all the peoples of the United Kingdom but you covered this game as if it was Albania versus Hungary. And England were no longer even competing in the tournament. Unbelievable editorial decision.

Sent a complaint in to the BBC that from the half-time coverage you'd have thought it was Albania v Hungary, not Wales in the Quarter Final, talking about a team that were no longer even in the competition. They said I'll get a reply.

P.S.

Agreed.

Couldn't believe what I was seeing when they had the brass neck to have an England segment at half time.

Heard a debate among Wales sports fans today. The issue essentially was which of their teams had bestowed the most glory upon the nation in recent years.

Their successful rugby team, twice grand slam winners and best side in the northern hemisphere, World Cup semi finalists. Or their current football team. What a dilemma eh?

Think the 'Bales' and one man team jibes were made to look a bit silly last night too. Thought he had a pretty quiet game, worked hard but didn't have much impact. They still scored three good goals though, Bale was involved in none of them.

Heard a debate among Wales sports fans today. The issue essentially was which of their teams had bestowed the most glory upon the nation in recent years.

Their successful rugby team, twice grand slam winners and best side in the northern hemisphere, World Cup semi finalists. Or their current football team. What a dilemma eh?

Think the 'Bales' and one man team jibes were made to look a bit silly last night too. Thought he had a pretty quiet game, worked hard but didn't have much impact. They still scored three good goals though, Bale was involved in none of them.

I thought Ramsay was superb last night. Will be a big miss in the semi final

P.S.

Makes me glad sometimes that I'm in America. Although the anchor was English, he never mentioned England once that I can recall, and Kasey Keller and Craig Burley were the analysts. Craig Burley in particular seemed genuinely pleased that Wales won.

Wilmots said post-match that he'll take his time to decide on his future and wasn't going to rush into a decision in the heat of the moment. That's a serious brass neck and ridiculously presumptive of him to think the decision should be his.

From what I've heard you're vastly overestimating the Belgian FA.

I thought Ramsay was superb last night. Will be a big miss in the semi final

Ramsay has been there best player this tournament IMO, I'd probably put Davies and Joe Allen 2nd and 3rd...Bale has just shone in patches, Russia game aside although there were loads of good performances that day.

On 7/2/2016 at 10:58 AM, welshbairn said:

Full Complaint: This was the first time Wales had made the Quarter Final in a major tournament since 1958, an amazing achievement,against a well fancied Belgium team. They were drawing at half time, a stunning fact in itself. Nearly the entire half time coverage was about England. You are supposed to be serving all the peoples of the United Kingdom but you covered this game as if it was Albania versus Hungary. And England were no longer even competing in the tournament. Unbelievable editorial decision.

Reply:

Dear Mr Welshbairn 

Thanks for getting in touch with us about our Euro 2016 coverage.

The Euros is one of the biggest events in the sporting calendar and we aim to provide extensive coverage of the action.

Throughout the tournament, in the absence of commercials, we have used the 15 minutes at half-time to analyse the match, but also to preview and review other key moments of the competition. On this occasion, ten minutes was devoted to analysis of the Wales v Belgium match, with extended contributions from the studio and also live from the stadium in Lille. As it was the first match we broadcast since England's exit, we felt it was editorially relevant to provide a fresh perspective from Frank Lampard and our team in the studio.

We believe we have put together a very strong presentation line-up, with a wealth of experience, talent and knowledge covering all aspects of the Euros. We appreciate thoughts are subjective, but are happy that we have provided balanced coverage of Euro 2016 throughout the tournament.

We’ve ensured that the issues you’ve raised have been fed back to the production team as they take a keen interest in what our audience are saying and use feedback to shape future programmes.

Thanks again for contacting us. 

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Aye right, total shite.

P.S. Not quite getting the hang of the new forum yet..

Archived