Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Hoping to take in Roma vs Bologna in a couple of weeks time. The date and time haven’t been announced yet, currently it’s scheduled for Sunday, May 1st, 3pm. Any followers of Italian football able to advise how wildly this could change - and when I should expect to know when the date will be finalised?

Hoping to take in Roma vs Bologna in a couple of weeks time. The date and time haven’t been announced yet, currently it’s scheduled for Sunday, May 1st, 3pm. Any followers of Italian football able to advise how wildly this could change - and when I should expect to know when the date will be finalised?

It's almost certain to be the Sunday although pretty much every Roma home game on a Sunday for the past few months has been a 5 o'clock GMT kick off, so the time could change.

After the first Coppa Italia semi final at the start of March…

Inter smashed Milan 3-0 after a 0-0 in the first leg. Milan had a goal that went to VAR and took about three minutes to rule it out, correctly  deciding that Handanovic’s view was obstructed and ruled offside. Was a very enjoyable game with some excellent goals.

Fiorentina have to turn around an own goal, last minute 1-0 home defeat to Juventus tomorrow for a place in the final.

On 18/04/2022 at 20:03, paul-r-cfc said:

Napoli fair fucked that tonight.

Could be worse, they could have been two up and conceded three goals in the last 10 minutes, against a side who haven't won in 2022. 

Oh.

11 hours ago, virginton said:

Inter have just gone 2-1 behind in their game in hand, thanks to the most outrageous, high stakes goalkeeping blunder you'll ever see.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexSugar_/status/1519406523113431041?s=20&t=_I181m48n8sL_6-qSEiDOA

How many times have inter&Napoli shat the bed in this title race!

• 2 weeks later...

Piamonti's face was hilarious when he scored. He really didn't want that to happen.

Salernitana doing bits to avoid relegation too. Won four of their last five.

Related to Verona, I only found out tonight that Chievo no longer exist. They were liquidated last summer and no successor club was formed. I'm gutted by that. They were a fun team from my childhood and I always liked their custard yellow strip.