Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Just now, Dindeleux said:

Spoilers don't work?  I know they don't work on the mobile app but they still seem to on desktop?

Anyway its not a big issue.

I ended up reading them all on here before I'd bought the game, so definitely don't work :lol:

Trying not to mention any main mission stuff.

I did the circus animals mission lastnight. Was good fun! Having been surprised at how docile the alligators were I also was finally ripped to shreds by one. So far I am enjoying chapter 3. Think maybe just getting into a decent balance of fucking about v missions.

Finished the game over the holidays and loved it. Was left a little deflated at the end as, although I'd probably spent about a full week of my life playing the story, I felt like I could have gone on. 

Will have to give online a go now I think, otherwise I might start again and try to be the good guy rather than end the game with zero honor.

Once you get to the end you end up with no honour, mainly as there isn’t missions for you to regain your honour.

You can do chores, put fish back and bung a blind man a buck. But you’ve got no chance of maintaining it.

The amount of people I killed just to get four enemies with a stick of dynamite ensured I will never have any honour ever again. I must have cleared Van Horn five times, killing 30 each time [emoji23]

Once you get to the end you end up with no honour, mainly as there isn’t missions for you to regain your honour.

You can do chores, put fish back and bung a blind man a buck. But you’ve got no chance of maintaining it.

The amount of people I killed just to get four enemies with a stick of dynamite ensured I will never have any honour ever again. I must have cleared Van Horn five times, killing 30 each time [emoji23]
Greet everyone you meet. 3/4 gives you a white hat. Not sure how long it would take to make a major difference but whenever you're in a town it's maybe a good habit to get into. That's what I do now. My honour is still low but I'd like it to be middle so I can approach missions as a 'bad ass'.

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Loki said:

The amount of people I killed just to get four enemies with a stick of dynamite ensured I will never have any honour ever again. I must have cleared Van Horn five times, killing 30 each time emoji23.png

Greet everyone you meet. 3/4 gives you a white hat. Not sure how long it would take to make a major difference but whenever you're in a town it's maybe a good habit to get into. That's what I do now. My honour is still low but I'd like it to be middle so I can approach missions as a 'bad ass'.

I do that too and recently I seem to be high all the time.  Maybe due to the missions I've been doing though.  It really annoys me though when someone picks a fight with you, starts shooting at you then gets a well deserved shotgun slug to the temple and somehow you get bad rep.  

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, Loki said:

The amount of people I killed just to get four enemies with a stick of dynamite ensured I will never have any honour ever again. I must have cleared Van Horn five times, killing 30 each time emoji23.png

I have done that too, but if you're just an evil b*****d like me and kill someone for saying something smart, and then you loot their bodies, saying hello first doesn't do much :thumsup2

Without being too spoilery, it affects the ending of the game, but not massively so don't get hung up on that or think you'll need to make another playthrough.

Also if you have very good rep you get cheaper prices in shops, not sure what the "perk" of a very bad rep is

Edited by Fuctifano

What does your "reputation" affect?

It also effects strangers interactions with you. If you’re famous they’ll say hello back and interactive positively with you. Being infamous and you say hello you can be asked for a duel, they can try and run you out of town (especially in a lawless place like Van Horn).

People are also scared of your reputation so budding Lee Wallace’s are afraid to grass on you to the pinkertons.

48 minutes ago, Loki said:

It also effects strangers interactions with you. If you’re famous they’ll say hello back and interactive positively with you. Being infamous and you say hello you can be asked for a duel, they can try and run you out of town (especially in a lawless place like Van Horn).

People are also scared of your reputation so budding Lee Wallace’s are afraid to grass on you to the pinkertons.

That last sentence is a big one, had a mental, went far too far, murder spree on a stretch of road as folk kept coming along and  witnesses me shooting someone.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Without being too spoilery, it affects the ending of the game, but not massively so don't get hung up on that or think you'll need to make another playthrough.

Also if you have very good rep you get cheaper prices in shops, not sure what the "perk" of a very bad rep is

Better stuff and more money when you loot folks. Or so the YouTube guy I watched last night insisted.

I'm really late to this party. Got the game for Christmas and was away from home until 1/1. Started last night and despite the opening being a little dull and time consuming, the snow environment is gorgeous to look at and the train robbery was enormous fun. After about three hours, finally started Chapter 2 and can't wait to go exploring.

No one will grass on me anyway now they think I'm Walter White. IMG_20190102_232958942_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.e2460f9a17d4df13ff741db5fdd826c2.jpg
I didn't cut my hair or shave my beard at all as Arthur. Ended up as a total mess towards the end. Had to get a haircut for one mission and just trimmed it one level down so you couldn't tell the difference

2 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:
2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
No one will grass on me anyway now they think I'm Walter White. IMG_20190102_232958942_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.e2460f9a17d4df13ff741db5fdd826c2.jpg

I didn't cut my hair or shave my beard at all as Arthur. Ended up as a total mess towards the end. Had to get a haircut for one mission and just trimmed it one level down so you couldn't tell the difference

Same :lol: think it's just a cast off from Fallout where I'd always go "full apocalypse" with the character.