Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The Undead game (add on?) was the buggiest piece of shit I ever tried to play

Yes - very much so.

RDR was amazing as already said by everyone.  The music, the setting and the gameplay.  The whole story was just fantastic.  I probably won't play through RDR again before the new one comes out as I'm always a bit underwhelmed when I replay a game but I cannot wait for the new one.

I was trying to describe to my friend the absolute beauty of Red Dead today and I actually couldn't do it justice other than telling him to buy it and play it.

I always had to play RDR when my dad was out, as I must've been 11 at the time. Luckily for me, it was the summer holidays, so I had plenty of time to play it, but he eventually caught on. I'd love a remaster just to fully experience it.

I always had to play RDR when my dad was out, as I must've been 11 at the time. Luckily for me, it was the summer holidays, so I had plenty of time to play it, but he eventually caught on. I'd love a remaster just to fully experience it.

Holy f**k that post made me feel old.

Agreed. Who actually cares?

Also fed up of people banging on about a RDR remaster being necessary. I played it on the PS3, I don't need to play it again on the PS4.

It's not necessary, but it would be nice.

Especially considering it's been done on the xbox and is an absolute fuckin stomper of a game. I'd imagine there is cash to be made, much like Uncharted, which was great fun.

It's awright but, you've already played it on the PS3.

7 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

There's not much to go on in the trailer but damn, it looks absolutely glorious.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.  I was hoping for some confirmation that it's Marston and his old gang (although, surely it is?).  It looks stunning.

I actually have vague memories of playing the first one. Can someone say what happened in a brief summary in a spoiler tag please? That trailer looks superb and right up my street, don't play many games but your GTA's/Mafias and this etc are the ones I love.

Got memories of having to track down a guy and kill him, was in the middle of a huge quarry type thing I'm sure.

15 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I actually have vague memories of playing the first one. Can someone say what happened in a brief summary in a spoiler tag please? That trailer looks superb and right up my street, don't play many games but your GTA's/Mafias and this etc are the ones I love.

Got memories of having to track down a guy and kill him, was in the middle of a huge quarry type thing I'm sure.

Yeah, I remember that mission too.

Spoiler

So the story was basically about a former outlaw, taken from his family and forced to track down the other members of his old gang. It involved run-ins with the feds, Mexican freedom fighters and corrupt governors, a travelling snake-oil salesman called Nigel West Dickens, and an alcoholic arms dealer called Irish, In the end, the character you've been playing, Marston, gets killed outside a barn and you play the last few missions as Marston's son who avenges his father's death. Feel like firing this up on the PS3 again now.

It is definitely a prequel from the trailer, as you can see the buffalo running beside the train.  In redemption you kill the last buffalo as a side mission or trophy can't quite remember.

7 minutes ago, Loki said:

It is definitely a prequel from the trailer, as you can see the buffalo running beside the train.  In redemption you kill the last buffalo as a side mission or trophy can't quite remember.

Wasn't it the last Sasquatch you killed (or not) rather than a Buffalo