Lorry crash in Nice

G-MAN

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Pub Scarecrow said:

Sky News are now reporting that IS have now claimed responsibility. Three people arrested in a dawn raid this morning.

They were always going to claim responsibility. A plane could fall out of the sky from a fuel leak and they would claim responsibility for it.

22 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

They were always going to claim responsibility. A plane could fall out of the sky from a fuel leak and they would claim responsibility for it.

They never claimed responsibility for the Egypt Air plane that crashed in the Mediterranean last month.

Just now, Dee Man said:

They never claimed responsibility for the Egypt Air plane that crashed in the Mediterranean last month.

They will only claim responsibility after a perpetrator has been identified. That hasn't been the case yet in the plane crash.

They will only claim responsibility after a perpetrator has been identified. That hasn't been the case yet in the plane crash.

That's not true. They only claim direct responsibility when it was an IS directed operation. The Nice incident isn't one of those. As far as I know, it was merely a press release claiming association and not responsibility.

When IS actually carry out an event, somebody from their top operation makes a very official announcement.

There's a serious difference between claims of responsibility from the IS leadership and these trite press releases, but Sky News isn't interested in that.

The Egypt Air thing was almost certainly an electrical failure, hence it has been dropped from the tabloid news.

On 15 July 2016 at 13:15, forever_blue said:

Glasgow airport was targeted 

this isn't a nationality issue directly , all parts of western democracy are seen as the enemy in their eyes , they would be just as happy to shoot up Buchanan street as they would Oxford street 

Glasgow airport wasn't the target. 

My mate works there - it was attacked because they couldn't get to the place they wanted to attack (he's told me what it was, but I can't remember at the moment), so they opted for the nearest, biggest thing they could as a last resort.

11 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Glasgow airport wasn't the target. 

My mate works there - it was attacked because they couldn't get to the place they wanted to attack (he's told me what it was, but I can't remember at the moment), so they opted for the nearest, biggest thing they could as a last resort.

Was it not the Govan police HQ? I think the anti terror unit is based there?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36864440

"The local authorities in Nice have refused a request by French anti-terror police to destroy CCTV images of last week's lorry attack.

The Paris prosecutor's office said the request had been made to avoid the "uncontrolled dissemination" of images.

But officials in Nice have responded by filing a legal document, arguing the footage could constitute evidence."

It seems strange to be asking for footage that could be used as evidence to be destroyed.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36864440

"The local authorities in Nice have refused a request by French anti-terror police to destroy CCTV images of last week's lorry attack.

The Paris prosecutor's office said the request had been made to avoid the "uncontrolled dissemination" of images.

But officials in Nice have responded by filing a legal document, arguing the footage could constitute evidence."

It seems strange to be asking for footage that could be used as evidence to be destroyed.

This is the work of Gendarme Le Cabe, imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36879359

Certainly beginning to look like a cover up.  It will be interesting to see if Cazeneuve follows through with his threat of legal action; somehow I doubt it.

The sad and worrying thing is that the political fallout will play right into the hands of the far right in France.  Not an edifying thought.

• 4 months later...

Archived