East Fife vs Dundee

6 minutes ago, eckthearab said:

That will be because we were piss poor last season. That's usually how it works. You boys have plenty experience of that no?

Jeezo! Your taking your "win" worse than we are taking our "defeat". You seem very upset. Shame.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game of two halfs.  East Fife were awful first half, couldn't get the ball to stick at all.  As easy a half as Jules has had at Bayview.

Once Duggan came on we looked much better and the second half was superb from an East Fife perspective.  Great displays from Mercer, Wilkie and Robinson.  And my 100% record of watching East Fife shootouts continues.

If Dundee could beat everyone else in the group now, that'd be great!

As a very wise man once said many, many years ago - a game like this is 'effectively pre-season for most sides'.  Actually it was Stumigoo that said it last night after the United match, but you get my point.

Wiseman is actually my second name (it's not really).

How did Jason Kerr get on btw? Be good for him to come up against a striker as good as Hemmings

Played good as always, you have a good player there who will only get better with another full season.

18 minutes ago, T-zero said:

Played good as always, you have a good player there who will only get better with another full season.

He only got a one year deal with us this Summer, so theres still a chance he won't play a senior game for us due to our rather fractious youth policy

The whole day was just a shambles. I thought PH had the team wrong from the start, perfect game for Harkins to star in. He must be offski if he's not in the squad.

We couldn't string two passes together, our build up play was too slow and let East Fife get back in numbers to defend. Frustrating seeing the ball go over the wall all the time as it halted taking throw ins quickly etc. Only person for Dundee that got pass marks was Williams first half.

Kerr had a shocker as did the majority of the team but Kerr was easily bullied off the ball and gave away stray passes and possession. Hartley went ape shit a few times at him.

Credit to East Fife, used the wind quite well in the second half and could have sneaked it. Pretty disappointed in the foul which lead to the goal though. Holt got the ball but possibly got the man first, f**k knows happened fast. But Austin got away with an identical challenge first half on O'Dea.

Referee was piss poor, had no authority.

Could tell it's still pre season from a Dundee perspective. I still believe we'll finish top as we should comfortably win our two home games. Peterhead away the potential banana skin.

He only got a one year deal with us this Summer, so theres still a chance he won't play a senior game for us due to our rather fractious youth policy

Would be a shame for him if he never got a chance but he enjoys it at East Fife so hopefully we would be able to sign him permanently.

Archived