Rental Car

No problem with you trying to backtrack.  I was trying to be helpful to the c**t but you and your sorry lot of pun clubbers always try and stick your oars in.  Not sure if you're worse than the ignorant plastics but it's a close call.

Eh? What are you fucking on about?

Seriously, put the cork back in. You're done.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

If you're trying to be helpful, probably best not just typing a load of shite then hitting 'post'.

Oh thanks.  Let me make a sensible post:

Car rental companies are c***s.  You'll need a credit card and they'll make a charge of, possibly, £500 on it which they will release about a week later.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Car rental companies are c***s.  You'll need a credit card and they'll make a charge of, possibly, £500 on it which they will release about a week later.

In your own time.

Hahaha, no they don't.

43 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Hahaha, no they don't.

In fairness, they did when I hired a car but it wasn't as much as £500. I think it was more like £200.

Edit to add: I checked. It was £250.

Just now, alta-pete said:

Been caught out before. You need a print out code from Dvla in advance. Details here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hiring-a-vehicle

Much like Ryanair, play be the rules and all is fine, but dare be an individual and it'll all go to fook

I went with Euro Car Hire and just entered my driving license number on their website and I didn't need to print anything. They did it all from their end.

9 minutes ago, Mrs M said:

In fairness, they did when I hired a car but it wasn't as much as £500. I think it was more like £200.

Edit to add: I checked. It was £250.

Please don't present the boys who post from their back bedroom with facts.  They rarely like it.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Please don't present the boys who post from their back bedroom with facts.  They rarely like it.

As it turns out, I didn't. It was actually Europcar, not Euro Car. Oops.

Just now, Mrs M said:

As it turns out, I didn't. It was actually Europcar, not Euro Car. Oops.

Well yes...the fact remains that car rental firms are c***s and will take a charge on your credit card and it will take a week or so before they release it.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well yes...the fact remains that car rental firms are c***s and will take a charge on your credit card and it will take a week or so before they release it.

You agree to any charges before you sign for the car, therefore you accept the charges, it would be remiss of them not to do so.

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

You agree to any charges before you sign for the car, therefore you accept the charges, it would be remiss of them not to do so.

I know this and have rented hunners of cars.  There is, though, a basic dishonesty among car hire firms.

Archived