General Chatter

Sooky

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Sooky said:

2 very good silvers in the pool!

Fantastic swim by James Guy on the anchor leg in the relay. They actually swam a quicker time than their World Championship winning race last year but came in 3 seconds behind Phelps and co.

7 hours ago, KingQuerrey said:

The volleyball has been class, game just finished there between Poland and Iran was tremendous. Also enjoyed the diving, table tennis and water polo

Volleyball (the 6-a-side not the beach variety) has been my favourite sport so far, I think. 

Tremendous watching the setter setting, and trying to guess which of the 3 players diving at the net are actually going to get the spike.

What do you think of the BBC Scheduling (i.e. peak time switching back and forth between channels)?

30 mins on BBC1 then 30 mins on BBC 2, back to BBC1 etc.

Why not just keep it on the one channel?  We're talking about an event once every four years here.  I'm sure folk who watch Eastenders would be OK with it getting moved to BBC2 for two weeks.

What do you think of the BBC Scheduling (i.e. peak time switching back and forth between channels)?

30 mins on BBC1 then 30 mins on BBC 2, back to BBC1 etc.

Why not just keep it on the one channel?  We're talking about an event once every four years here.  I'm sure folk who watch Eastenders would be OK with it getting moved to BBC2 for two weeks.

I'm sure they wouldn't. Die hard soap fans are a ridiculous bunch.

Thank god for the red button

It's a shame but it's evenmore annoying that we have an advert for Poldark then the animals doing their thing every time it changes. I'd also read that some of the events on the main BBC channels that are advertised as being live are actually delayed and that people are seeing the results on twitter etc (including from the Five Live feed) before they are shown on the main channels. I know I've been watching stuff on 472 or whatever then flicked back to BBC One and found the same event being shown delayed. Weird.

I guess it's better than the Olympic Games from 2022 (I think) onward that are going to be mainly on Europsport with only some free coverage on BBC One and no red button or online option.

It's a delight when you pick something off the red button that's being shown live, but without some commentator wittering away about something banal, just because they think they should be talking.  Just the crowd and event noise, and the action.  Example, that dipshit from the One Show was commentating on the gymnastics last night, WTF does he know about gymnastics.  His co-commenting expert had to correct him so much it was unreal.

14 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

It's a delight when you pick something off the red button that's being shown live, but without some commentator wittering away about something banal, just because they think they should be talking.  Just the crowd and event noise, and the action.  Example, that dipshit from the One Show was commentating on the gymnastics last night, WTF does he know about gymnastics.  His co-commenting expert had to correct him so much it was unreal.

He's normally pretty good on the gymnastics tbf - he was also a British Junior Champion in gymnastics, so has more of a grasp than some of the fuckwits they have on.

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Really?  He didn;t sound it last night.  ah well.

I didn't hear him last night tbf.

Perhaps like all BBC experts, he is now enjoying the sound of his own voice too much. This suggestion is not in any way linked to the fact that I am currently suffering Eddie Butler on the 7s.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

I didn't hear him last night tbf.

Perhaps like all BBC experts, he is now enjoying the sound of his own voice too much. This suggestion is not in any way linked to the fact that I am currently suffering Eddie Butler on the 7s.

I know nothing about gymnastics, but it just seemed as if his co-commentator (don;t know her name) kept coming on mic to correct him last night, sometimes even completely contradicting what he had just said.

Archived