General Chatter

Sooky

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Football season started during our Commonwealth Games, didn't stop them using all 3 Glasgow stadiums. I'm sure a club could be away for 2 weeks. Don't some use the Maracana?

The 4 big clubs in rio do.Nothing gets in the way of the fitba in brazil its not a sport its a relgion

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm reading that Botafogo also use the Havelange Athletics Stadium. Apparently the various clubs have been unable to use it or Maracana during the Games.

Just surprises me didn't use something similar for the Rugby 7s weekends.

3 minutes ago, Bully Di Villa said:

Don't they tend to get quite rubbish crowds?

Average crowds this season (to date) here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Campeonato_Brasileiro_Série_A#Attendance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Campeonato_Brasileiro_Série_B#Attendances

Flamengo - 19,767
Fluminense - 6,588
Botafogo - 4,740

Vasco da Gama - 4,836

1 minute ago, Bully Di Villa said:

Don't they tend to get quite rubbish crowds?

Depends,however the maracana looks empty with 30k in it

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

I'm reading that Botafogo also use the Havelange Athletics Stadium. Apparently the various clubs have been unable to use it or Maracana during the Games.

Just surprises me didn't use something similar for the Rugby 7s weekends.

The havelange athletics stadium is the olympic stadium,its also next a massive favela.During reconstruction work to the maracana all the teams played there it was a wee bit scary watching a match and hearing gunfire in the favela at the same time

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Wiki is not a good source for crowd sizes in south america,theres loads of "non payers" in the grounds aswell(dont tell the tax man)

2 hours ago, Sooky said:

We're in the bronze medal match at the trap shooting. Always amazes me how you can hit those flying targets at such quick speeds.

Poor tactically, poor decision making and a lack of composure. Bizarre when they looked so good in the pool matches including the first game against the Canadians. Kinda looks like Canada didn't select their best players in their semi and were happy to go for the bronze whereas GB went for it and then lost the plot against New Zealand.

Archived