Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

5 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I’d be interested in what context a white person can say the N word without being racist, other than saying ‘so and so said the N Word, what a racist they are.’

I personally wouldn't intentionally use any racist language but I don't necessarily believe using sure words makes someone a racist. This is where context comes into it.

11 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I’d be interested in what context a white person can say the N word without being racist, other than saying ‘so and so said the N Word, what a racist they are.’

Right, so context does matter then.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

In that one narrow example, yes, but you’re playing a game of semantics to the extreme with your argument, and it’s blatantly obvious that’s not what I’m getting at here. 

Well no, context is always important. That's kind of the point of it.

4 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Using racist language makes someone a racist. I don’t know how there is a debate on this. 

Being against racism isn’t weird in civilisation my man. 

In that one narrow example, yes, but you’re playing a game of semantics to the extreme with your argument, and it’s blatantly obvious that’s not what I’m getting at here. 

Why is it so important for you to label someone?

Context always matters in assessing these things. Always.

There are very few circumstances in which it's appropriate to use the word, and most people just use their common sense but 'using racist language in ANY context makes you a racist' is utter shite.

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Using racist language makes someone a racist. I don’t know how there is a debate on this. 

No it doesn't. My daughter is called a "hafu" (the equivalent of "half cast" in Japan) on a daily basis by sweet, well meaning elderly people. There's no offence taken because there was none intended.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Why is it so important for you to label someone?

Context always matters in assessing these things. Always.

There are very few circumstances in which it's appropriate to use the word, and most people just use their common sense but 'using racist language in ANY context makes you a racist' is utter shite.

Also the idea that 'being against racism' and 'trying to start arguments about racism' are interchangable in his head.😂

1 minute ago, sjc said:

No it doesn't. My daughter is called a "hafu" (the equivalent of "half cast" in Japan) on a daily basis by sweet, well meaning elderly people. There's no offence taken because there was none intended.

I'm sorry, but you've just become a racist for using that language yourself.

1 minute ago, sjc said:

A you sure they're not talking about you being hawf fu all the time?

4 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I'm sorry, but you've just become a racist for using that language yourself.

I hide it well in fairness. What with the Japanese wife, half Japanese daughter, moving to Japan and learning the language and culture....... fucking hate the "Japs" me, though.

Just now, sjc said:

I hide it well in fairness. What with the Japanese wife, half Japanese daughter, moving to Japan and learning the language and culture....... fucking hate the "Japs" me, though.

You could murder a black man and be exonerated on the grounds of your family situation. Are you comfortable with that sort of power?