Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It is now. At one time it would have been neutral, like Afghani.

I don't think the term has ever been used in the same was as Afghani.

There are two explanations for the name Pakistan, as I understand it.  One is that it's an acroynm for Punjab, Afghan, Indus, Sind and Tan from Balochistan.  Others that it comes from teh translation of the word Pak from Persian as 'SPirtually Pure' meaning it translates as the Land of the Spiritually Pure.  The suffix -istan is the 'Land Of' so it's Pak-istan, meaning the term 'Paki' is not historically meaningful.  I would doubt that anyone has ever used the term "Paki" outside a racist context or a discussion of racism.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Indeed, respect someone's racist culture and history by being submissive and passive??? :blink:

Was perfectly acceptable in this country back 30 years ago when people in this country were more openly racist.

But I suppose it depends on what the individual decides what is offensive and what isn't just to fit in.

It's a form of control, do not resist, do not speak out, respect the views of others unquestionably, the thought police are in town.

It's always heartening to hear the younger people question and speak out against what would have been set in the cultural stone even in places like Japan,

Change is coming Granny whether you like it or not.

^^^Crystal meth is a hell of a drug, kids.....

1 minute ago, sjc said:

Combine the two quotes and it's very relevant.

Language is just words without context. Political correctness is a form of limiting the spectrum of language regardless of its context. That's the point I'm making although I thought a smart guy like you would have picked that up.

Now you're just being intellectualist...

The Japanese are mad racists. Totally against immigration despite there being far more jobs than they can fill themselves, to the point that 24hr garages can't stay open through the night as they can't find staff who can be arsed with nightshift as they have their pick of plenty of other jobs. 

Mad sexists too. They don't allow female emperors and are in a mad panic because there are 3 male heirs to the throne then the rest of the family are females. 

I heard all this on the radio earlier this year so it's 100% accurate and isn't up for debate. 

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

^^^had to fatten yo for the part 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

^^^had to fatten yo for the part 

I was only 60kg at the time, so it already looking like I'd been working on their railway!

Just now, Dee Man said:

I see my sophisticated humour is lost on some. 

True. Have to admit that I prefer your slapstick humour where you're getting beaten up tbh.........

Spoiler

Only joking mate. I love you really xxx

4 minutes ago, sjc said:

True. Have to admit that I prefer your slapstick humour where you're getting beaten up tbh.........

Hide contents

Only joking mate. I love you really xxx

If I ever get round to completing and sending away my criminal compensation form, I am going to spam this entire place out with Floyd Mayweather, A-Team and Muttley gifs once I receive my cheque.