Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

10 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Can we get Jimmy back to save us from Dindeleux's tragic edgelord attempts to fill the void with in posting puns on threads about people who've died?

What attempts?

On 11/05/2018 at 10:40, Dindeleux said:

You just think some people will Live Forever but at times like this it’s important that you Don’t Look Back in Anger.

Or is that a different band?

Just now, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

For a start, the one in the Jlloyd Samuel thread where I've torn you a new arsehole for it.

Hardly see where that is me trying to be "edgy".

For a guy who supports and cheers a rapist I wouldn't be talking too much about tearing anything to be honest.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Don't really see where that is me being "edgy" either.

Dreadful pun to be fair but I don't think there is such a thing as a good pun.

4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Don't really see where that is me being "edgy" either.

Dreadful pun to be fair but I don't think there is such a thing as a good pun.

Given that everyone else on the thread was seriously sad about it, yes, it was edgy. Didn't help that you were followed by alt-right boy trying to get political.

Given that everyone else on the thread was seriously sad about it, yes, it was edgy. Didn't help that you were followed by alt-right boy trying to get political.

Seriously sad. f**k off. Seriously sad is when someone you actually know and/or have at least some kind of connection to passes away.

When my gran died I was seriously sad. When Tommy Burns died I was a bit sad but not as much as when my gran died.

I’m not celebrating the fact the guy has died but if people are actually crying/losing sleep over some footballer they have absolutely no connection to then, in my opinion, that is a real heads gone.

When the singer killed himself last week I saw a guy posting on here saying he was “beyond devastated”. I actually cringed reading it.

5 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Seriously sad. f**k off. Seriously sad is when someone you actually know and/or have at least some kind of connection to passes away.

When my gran died I was seriously sad. When Tommy Burns died I was a bit sad but not as much as when my gran died.

I’m not celebrating the fact the guy has died but if people are actually crying/losing sleep over some footballer they have absolutely no connection to then, in my opinion, that is a real heads gone.

When the singer killed himself last week I saw a guy posting on here saying he was “beyond devastated”. I actually cringed reading it.

So you laugh at them. Without knowing what connections they had to a Scottish singer.

Edited by welshbairn

On the Jlloyd Samuel thing, I work with a guy who stays in High Legh. Seen him this morning. His laddie had just sent him a video of him driving past a a burning car. f**k me I had actually watched a video of Jlloyd Samuels demise without knowing it! Mental.

19 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Ljsl9nQ.png

beginning to think I was giving you too much credit by calling you edgy

So you laugh at them. Without knowing what connections they had to a Scottish singer.

Re-read my post.

Cringed, not laughed.

If someone had a connection to the Frabbit singer (or Samuel) then fair enough. My opinion is that it was a “I’m so sad, please like this comment” attempt from the majority.

Only my opinion mind. Could be completely wrong.

Re-read my post.

Cringed, not laughed.

If someone had a connection to the Frabbit singer (or Samuel) then fair enough. My opinion is that it was a “I’m so sad, please like this comment” attempt from the majority.

Only my opinion mind. Could be completely wrong.
Sometimes the death of a celebrity goes beyond its just someone you never met. Music tends to be a popular one for this and in some cases I agree (folk in their 20s gushing over Bowie etc) the boy from Frabbit struck a chord. The nature of his music, the fact that they arent massive meaning a lot of big fans of theirs may well have met him or seen him multiple times at intimate gigs.

Mostly though, I think the social media appeal, the cctv of him leaving that hotel, his tweets etc made it a real sad story. I found it saddening and I had never even really heard of Frabbit.

A lot of times I too find celebrity grieving stupid, but that case certainly wasnt one of them. The boy had serious demons obviously, and in mental health awareness week, folk should take a moment to pause for thought. The way we regard mental health in this country is a national fucking disgrace on par with how many food banks we have.

If anyone was going for a "please like this comment" it was you. It missed the mark though. These things happen. Maybe best off just moving on.

The post Dindeleux made wasn’t particularly offensive (or funny) and something similar has probably been said up and down the country on various forums.

When Tiote died last year Jimmy cracked 2 similar sort of jokes about the situation, the first one obviously didn’t get the attention he craved so he cracked another one a few hours later which obviously went unchallenged because of his P&B status.

Celebrities deaths are so common and no matter who it is, someone out there somewhere will crack a joke about it. Don’t think Dindeleux deserves a particularly hard time over this even if he is a total weirdo.