Queen of the South v Ayr united

Since we are talking about turnstyles...

Doesn't make any difference to me where my entry fee goes but paying 16 and being handed a concession worth 9 isn't really in the right spirit. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since we are talking about turnstyles...

Doesn't make any difference to me where my entry fee goes but paying 16 and being handed a concession worth 9 isn't really in the right spirit. 

They maybe had a lot more Concession tickets left than Adult tickets at the ticket booth so just used one of those instead. I imagine the boys at the turnstyles just take the tickets and let you through. A 60 year old could hand them a child ticket and they wouldn't challenge it. I could be wrong of course.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

They maybe had a lot more Concession tickets left than Adult tickets at the ticket booth so just used one of those instead. I imagine the boys at the turnstyles just take the tickets and let you through. A 60 year old could hand them a child ticket and they wouldn't challenge it. I could be wrong of course.

They were still asvertising a game against Raith Rovers in April so you could be right. 

1 hour ago, Honestmen said:

From where you watched. Would you have said 257ish?

Yes. Looked about that. Away section holds about 950ish. Looked just under a third full. 257 is the correct total for entry at the away end. It's possible some Ayr fans used turnstiles at the home end of the stand and walked along of course. It's equally possible some home fans did the opposite though.

There were absolutely nowhere near 400 in there.

2 hours ago, NM_1919 said:

I think brownlie has largely been solid so far, there is a decent player in there, even if he does do the odd daft thing. Millar was quality first two games hoping it's just a knock, and as for Jacobs he's been unreal doing the donkey work in midfield, probably been the player to impress me the most.

It's great we've started well but feel there is still room for improvement, don't think we were all that great yesterday but still won 4-1 yesterday so that's good. Not too sure on Hamill, I love his attitude and will to win but he's been pretty poor last couple of games. Also having so many players from our youth setup involved is brilliant, and all holding there own

Agree with you about all the players you mention. I thought from the off last season that we needed Jacobs as a dog of war in midfield. Good to see him being played in the right bit of the park. 

29 minutes ago, Mr X said:

2:50 :o :D :wub:

Indeed. 5:25 and 5:55 too though for exquisite touches, the second of which led to the 4th goal.

Edited to add: Good highlights. Think we saw enough to confirm the Harkins incident wasnt a penalty. Free kick for our third is a little soft but Anderson does seem to be pulled back by a defenders arm round him. Ayr's offside goal is a bit unlucky. There is a guy offside who ducks under the ball. Dont think he touches it and not convinced Lee would have saved it anyway.

Dobbie was always a good player In much tougher leagues despite carrying a bit of extra weight. That's the fittest I've seen him in years so how good will he be in this one. Cairney should be asking him for his food diary.   

Meggatt looked completely disinterested at the 4th goal which isn't good. Defending generally appalling. Genuinely think the defending at the fourth is as bad at the fourth. 

Also agree that the free kick for the third looked third. Whilst our offside goal looks an appalling decision. 

26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed. 5:25 and 5:55 too though for exquisite touches, the second of which led to the 4th goal.

Edited to add: Good highlights. Think we saw enough to confirm the Harkins incident wasnt a penalty. Free kick for our third is a little soft but Anderson does seem to be pulled back by a defenders arm round him. Ayr's offside goal is a bit unlucky. There is a guy offside who ducks under the ball. Dont think he touches it and not convinced Lee would have saved it anyway.

Someone definteley touched it. Robinson was going down to his left but the ball went past him on the other side. Presumably, the delay in the decision was the ref and linesman working out who touched it. 

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Meggatt looked completely disinterested at the 4th goal which isn't good. Defending generally appalling. Genuinely think the defending at the fourth is as bad at the fourth. 

Also agree that the free kick for the third looked third. Whilst our offside goal looks an appalling decision. 

It clearly isnt

Hits the players back, I was behind it, didn't think at time he was offside but definetly runs from an offside position and knocks off his back.

Archived