Aberdeen vs St Johnstone

Alex_14

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be an interesting line up as outside the right back issue probably as strong as squad we've had elsewhere on the park.

It was good to see Tommy admit we didn't play particularly well on Saturday but I suspect a lot of that was down to Millar and Swanson missing. Both come back in if fit which probably means Paton slightly harshly drops out in the middle. Wide midfielders more difficult. Swanson will start on left so assume that Liam drops out. If that's the case then I think Wotherspoon or Alston start the other side with Coulston seen as too offensive an option. Other option is to play a 4-5-1 similar to the hearts cup game but that formation doesn't really work with Maclean and he's rightly not going to be dropped , particularly with him missing Sunday.

Upfront Cummins didn't impress greatly on Saturday but his goal might have kept his place. I'd like to see Gormley make his first start next to Maclean but guessing he might be saved for Sunday.

On the defensive front sneaking feeling that Watson or Scobbie will make it out of the blue.

Be an interesting line up as outside the right back issue probably as strong as squad we've had elsewhere on the park.

It was good to see Tommy admit we didn't play particularly well on Saturday but I suspect a lot of that was down to Millar and Swanson missing. Both come back in if fit which probably means that Paton slightly harshly dropping out in the middle. Wide midfielders more difficult. Swanson will start on left so assume that Liam drops out. If that's the case then I think Wotherspoon or Alston start the other side with Coulston seen as too offensive an option. Other option is to play a 4-5-1 similar to the hearts cup game but that formation doesn't really work with Maclean and he's rightly not going to be drop, particularly with him missing Sunday.

Upfront Cummins didn't impress greatly on Saturday but his goal might have kept his place. I'd like to see Gormley make his first start next to Maclean but guessing he might be saved for Sunday.

On the defensive front sneaking feeling that Watson or Scobbie will make it out of the blue.

Is Hamilton still Astro? If so no Macca on Sunday and he'd surely play tomorrow?

As far as the Fair City Unity scenario goes, Police Scotland this afternoon flat out denied banning the group from travelling or telling the bus operators not to carry them.

Is Hamilton still Astro? If so no Macca on Sunday and he'd surely play tomorrow?

As far as the Fair City Unity scenario goes, Police Scotland this afternoon flat out denied banning the group from travelling or telling the bus operators not to carry them.

Yeah, so Maclean will start Thursday.

As far as our team is concerned, I would go for something like this: Lewis; Logan, Taylor, O'Connor, Considine; McLean, Shinnie; Burns, Maddison, Hayes; Storey.

Whilst I can't say for sure as I haven't seen them play together yet, I suspect that Storey's pace and movement will prove more complementary to Maddison's style of play than either Rooney or Stockley will. When you add Burns and Hayes into the mix, that has the makings of an exciting and dynamic front four. I thought McLean's performance against Dundee was a modest improvement on some of his recent showings; hopefully scoring the penalty at the end will have given him something of a boost.

We're overdue a pumping from Aberdeen, and the League Cup isn't a particularly nice competition to us. I feel nervous about it too.

Clark

Comrie/Watson - Ando - Joe - Easton

Wotherspoon - Millar - Muzz - Swanson

Kane - MacLean

Would do me. Kanes pace might come in handy. Likely start Cummins as he's more physical. Or maybe Gormley, who's a complete unknown

We're overdue a pumping from Aberdeen, and the League Cup isn't a particularly nice competition to us. I feel nervous about it too.

Clark

Comrie/Watson - Ando - Joe - Easton

Wotherspoon - Millar - Muzz - Swanson

Kane - MacLean

Would do me. Kanes pace might come in handy. Likely start Cummins as he's more physical. Or maybe Gormley, who's a complete unknown

Spoony RB is my guess

Wotherspoon at RB is a fucking joke if it happens. Would rather someone from the U20s got a chance. He'll be up against Hayes and it'll be a great learning curve, what we gonna get out of Spoony playing there? Learn he's shite at RB?

Unlike some of the Saints on here I'm  confident about tomorrow, Aberdeen  are shite. 

GAME DAY!

And after a week of cracking weather it's pishing it down. 

Anyway. I'd go:

Lewis

Logan Taylor O'Connor Considine
Burns Shinnie McLean Hayes
Maddison
Rooney (or Storey)

Yes I'd drop McGinn. McLean only plays due to our dearth of central midfielders and I don't get the deal with Craig Storie, he's never looked great bar one game last season.

Not overly confident about this tonight tbh, we're a better side technically but Wright is always very effective in terms of how he sets his side up against us.

Can't see there being many goals so first goal is crucial in this one,

This won't be the line up or formation but I'd go:

Lewis

Logan Taylor O'Connor Considine

Hayes Shinnie Maddison Burns

McGinn

Stockley 

Wotherspoon at RB is a fucking joke if it happens. Would rather someone from the U20s got a chance. He'll be up against Hayes and it'll be a great learning curve, what we gonna get out of Spoony playing there? Learn he's shite at RB?

Agree with your sentiment buy can't see a youngster getting the nod. Will be Alston at RB imo.

Archived