Oliver Burke

Contra

In fairness that emoji could just as easily be disappointment that Scotland had lost as it could be anger about not being picked.

He'd have been better not deleting it. Guilty by implication now.

You can guarantee the media will make a big deal and ignore the main factor... which is that Strachan is a twat and shouldn't have dropped him.

Was it definitely dropped rather than any kind of injury or fitness issue?  I haven't seen mention of him anywhere.

There was no fitness issue. He was dropped from the squad - despite there being no limit on the amount of subs we could name - due to 'lack of experience'.

That's obviously a clear lie from our manager. He could have just made him an unused sub and raised no eyebrows if that was the actual reason. Not to mention the fact that we had 2 players on the pitch with similar experience to Burke in McGinn and Tierney. He would also have been an excellent option to have from the bench if we were chasing a goal or two in the final stages of the game.

The only logical explanation is that there's been some kind of issue between Burke and Strachan and as a result of that he wasn't even stripped. I would be surprised if we see him play for Scotland again while WGS is in charge, let's hope he and us won't have to wait too long.

11 minutes ago, Lex said:

There was no fitness issue. He was dropped from the squad - despite there being no limit on the amount of subs we could name - due to 'lack of experience'.

That's obviously a clear lie from our manager. He could have just made him an unused sub and raised no eyebrows if that was the actual reason. Not to mention the fact that we had 2 players on the pitch with similar experience to Burke in McGinn and Tierney. He would also have been an excellent option to have from the bench if we were chasing a goal or two in the final stages of the game.

The only logical explanation is that there's been some kind of issue between Burke and Strachan and as a result of that he wasn't even stripped. I would be surprised if we see him play for Scotland again while WGS is in charge, let's hope he and us won't have to wait too long.

Says it all, St Mirren and Hibs obviously an easier choice than a £13 million export to the Bundesliga.

We're making a habit of pissing off kids with huge potential before they're even near fully developed

20 minutes ago, Lex said:

You forgot to mention Paterson.  Didn't he make his debut in the same game as McGinn?

Last nights match was crying out for Burke.  Strachan has made a lot of mistakes but not even having a fit Burke on the bench?  Inexcusable. Should be fired before he even gets to the airport to fly home.  

Guest DAVIDB69

I am one who calls out for young players constantly , but he is far from the finished article.

He runs a lot but delivery etc but has been pretty poor, but he is one for the future but needs a lot of development before being an international player.

Where we are failing is the long gap between 30 something past it players which the team is riddled with and having to push players Patterson Burke McGinn who are maybe not yet ready.

We have no mid 20s players that are at a high standard to make enough progress

4 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I am one who calls out for young players constantly , but he is far from the finished article.

He runs a lot but delivery etc but has been pretty poor, but he is one for the future but needs a lot of develop,net before being an international player.

Where we are failing is the long gap between 30 something past it players which is riddled with and having to push players Patterson Burke McGinn who are maybe not yet ready.

We have no mid 20s players that are at a high standard to make enough progress

I agree to some extent, but bringing a 3rd choice keeper and not Burke (who started and did well all things considered) is inexcusable stuff.

Edited by Cov_Doonhamer

Don't agree at all with waiting for him to develop. Wales especially stuck their hot prospect players in at a young age, Bale, Ramsay, Allen etc. 5,6,7 years ago wales were in pot 6 rock bottom (still gave us a doing) but were generally whipping boys. Now the youth players they stuck in at the time have come of age and have a solid settled squad with quality. 

Like it or not Vogts put in fletcher and Mcfadden at 18/19 and they flourished. Others didn't work out but if you get 2 or 3 it's worthwhile. 

Tempted to just write off the current campaign and try guys like Souttar in at Centre half, cooper from Leeds. The full back area looks ok.

The " dropping" of this lad completely from the squad makes no sense at all. Fine, if Strachan decided not to play him because he felt the game required experience. But could someone please explain to me, if having made that judgement, why would you not put him on the bench as a sub.

Out of the entire squad I would think Burke would be the only outfield not stripped and named as a substitute. I don't think that would help his confidence any.

I may be wrong but I think there could be more to this than meets the eye.