The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Hi Olly presume you were not at the game. Apart from how well Tranent played their direct style, major problem for us was we didn't play our possession game. The match stats show Tranent had 52% possession against our 48%. So much for overplaying when the stats confirmed what was obvious,  we didn't play enough passes. We got sucked in to a game we were never  going to win. Having less possession than a team playing long ball tells the tale. Not a dig at Tranent ,they played to their strength,  we absolutely didn't. 

Agree at times we do overplay, but normally we get out 9 times out of ten and have wingers in space to attack final third.  The pitch was so tight that became very difficult and we then resorted to something we are not even passable at. The fact both wingers were subbed at HT is also very telling.

Back on bike next week v Braves, hopefully making passes, keeping possession and creating space to attack.  Has served us very well so far and need to use today as motivation

Sorry Arnie, the big man just will not do. Agree he ploughed a lone furrow,  but I just don't see what he offers. That's not just based on today, but every game he has played. 

Agree 100% with other comments,  we were not at the races today. 

3 hours ago, ekok said:

Yes every time Tranent had a shot it seemed to end up a goal. Fair play they obviously thoroughly deserved the win.  Most times games like this can be described 7-0 going on anything.  This was 7-0 going on 7-0.

We never got going, the slow narrow pitch and Tranent intensity blew us out of game , down 3 nil by 15 minute mark. 

As poorly as we played,  Tranent played to their strengths and we couldn't cope. We then got sucked into a long ball contest we were never going to win.That was disappointing,  despite circumstances would have preferred a doing trying to keep the ball. Did that against Accies , so at least took that from that game.

Major test of character and personal pride now right in front of players, coaches, everyone.

100% certain the response will define our season in absolutely the right way. 

Narrow pitch,long balls any more excuses?

Pumped bud. Reality check for the money men. 💰 

49 minutes ago, ekok said:

Hi Olly presume you were not at the game. Apart from how well Tranent played their direct style, major problem for us was we didn't play our possession game. The match stats show Tranent had 52% possession against our 48%. So much for overplaying when the stats confirmed what was obvious,  we didn't play enough passes. We got sucked in to a game we were never  going to win. Having less possession than a team playing long ball tells the tale. Not a dig at Tranent ,they played to their strength,  we absolutely didn't. 

Agree at times we do overplay, but normally we get out 9 times out of ten and have wingers in space to attack final third.  The pitch was so tight that became very difficult and we then resorted to something we are not even passable at. The fact both wingers were subbed at HT is also very telling.

Back on bike next week v Braves, hopefully making passes, keeping possession and creating space to attack.  Has served us very well so far and need to use today as motivation

Direct styles close percentages tight park you really are taking it bad :lol:

1 hour ago, ekok said:

Sorry Arnie, the big man just will not do. Agree he ploughed a lone furrow,  but I just don't see what he offers. That's not just based on today, but every game he has played. 

Agree 100% with other comments,  we were not at the races today. 

The big man will not do well I take him back to Boness in a heart beat 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Direct styles close percentages tight park you really are taking it bad :lol:

Hi Newky, only still up because of the boxing. Robbery redefined, about as bad as it gets. 

Totally understand the gloating from you and others. Accept that and  gave credit to Tranent, because they deserved it 100%. I was commenting on what we did wrong, which I think is acceptable as I go to every game.

Normally the possession % is 70/ 30 to us , so wasn't nit picking with the 52/48. Was pointing out how the numbers backed up how badly our game plan worked out. We are terrible at playing directly , Tranent  very good, that's football. 

Again the comment about tight park was factual, not a complaint about the park, but how we failed to adjust. We knew what we were going into and need to learn from that.

Lastly,  I still believe our normal style of play is what we should stick to, with tweaks  depending on circumstances. Today we lost the plot and got rightly scudded. 

15 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

That’s not the important stat for MK, how many passes did EK make and which team played the “right” way ?

It was a matter of time till his “famous quote would come back and bite his arse”

ekok’s comment “slow narrow pitch and Tranents intensity done for them” . Sorry but that’s some excuse.

6 minutes ago, boheesian said:

It was a matter of time till his “famous quote would come back and bite his arse”

ekok’s comment “slow narrow pitch and Tranents intensity done for them” . Sorry but that’s some excuse.

Teams will be narrowing pitches now 😂

14 hours ago, ekok said:

Have to admit, I thought East Kilbride would have steam rolled Tranent but was totally shocked.
Even if Tranent were a totally footballing side and played on the deck with constant passing like EK, if they thought Ek were better at it then it would be a good idea to change their style for this game to long ball game. Always the way, make sure the forwards do not allow the defense to play out of the back and make sure long balls are fired onto the forwards and lots of diagonal long balls.   Love to see if there's any highlights of this game,  It does sound superbly well done to Tranent.

P.S.  my prediction for the league was Tranent to win and East Kilbride second but sure it will be one of them with the other second

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 hours ago, boheesian said:

I will let Mick speak for himself,  sure he is capable. 

What I said was not an excuse, simply an opinion based on what I observed first hand at the game. Three elements to what I said and stand 100% by each.

Pitch - slower , our passes were  nowhere near as slick as usual. Absolutely not a criticism of the pitch,  criticism of our lack of ability to deal with, other than launching balls, played right into Tranent's hands. 

Narrow- well it just is, again not a criticism,  other than our lack of ability to deal with. We didn't trust our possession game, suggest if we had, might not have been so roundly gubbed.

Intensity- right from the off this was Tranent's game plan , no nonsense, get the ball into our defensive third, particularly on our right side, exploit our hesitation to keep the ball ( see others comments about us doing this too much at times) , creating direct chances or winning second balls or picking up poor clearances.  The score might suggest Tranent got their tactics right, but we helped ensure they worked to a T.

50 minutes ago, ekok said:

I will let Mick speak for himself,  sure he is capable. 

What I said was not an excuse, simply an opinion based on what I observed first hand at the game. Three elements to what I said and stand 100% by each.

Pitch - slower , our passes were  nowhere near as slick as usual. Absolutely not a criticism of the pitch,  criticism of our lack of ability to deal with, other than launching balls, played right into Tranent's hands. 

Narrow- well it just is, again not a criticism,  other than our lack of ability to deal with. We didn't trust our possession game, suggest if we had, might not have been so roundly gubbed.

Intensity- right from the off this was Tranent's game plan , no nonsense, get the ball into our defensive third, particularly on our right side, exploit our hesitation to keep the ball ( see others comments about us doing this too much at times) , creating direct chances or winning second balls or picking up poor clearances.  The score might suggest Tranent got their tactics right, but we helped ensure they worked to a T.

Micks not going to shag you mate, he will move on & take his money ( & dodgy cash stuffed envelopes)elsewhere, first chance he gets & leave you in the shit. Same as he did with Darvel & the laughable ammys before that, the only thing that matters to him is him

Genuine question to EK supporters: Has this been coming/are there problems or uncertainty behind the scenes? I haven't seen EK play this season, but from the outside they've appeared to be very comfortable this season. Okay, Foresters is arguably the hardest ground in that league to come to, the tight pitch doesn't suit teams, and obviously we are a more direct side than yourselves. Regardless, if your *only* way of winning a game is by dominating the ball then it's hard lines when a team is good enough to not let you do it. But yesterday the two sides looked miles apart. Certainly didn't feel in any way like we were up against the best side in the league. Kennedy having his head turned elsewhere?

Edited by Omnishambles

Firstly great to hear from someone who actually saw what I did, everyone entitled to their opinion but suggest first hand normally most relevant. No issues behind the scenes and as far as I know Mick totally focused on EK, unless you know better. 

As Mick alluded to in his post match interview ( an object lesson in accepting second best ) giving full credit to by far the better team on the day, we didn't lay a glove on Tranent.  Actually quite prescient given the  boxing nonsense later in the day.

Agree we are, at the minute a team only with Plan A. When it works it is a joy to watch and gets results.  Yesterday we were not allowed the privilege and we didn't cope. 

The question is where do we go from here. I am sure salutary lesson learned , back up plan a good thing to have in any situation.  That said I am sure our Plan A will win lots of games, but not all. Possibly a very timely lesson.