The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Hard watch today against Caledonian braves, who were well up for it and I reckon should have gotten at least a draw against us today. 

In saying that delighted with the 3 points, it's games like that that change a season.

Edited by Oystercatcher

40 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Hard watch today against Caledonia braves, who were well up for it and I reckon should have gotten at least a draw against us today. 

In saying that delighted with the 3 points, it's games like that that change a season.

Yip, a good day for you guys with Tranent perhaps surprisingly dropping points.

This was a day when we couldn't  win the league,  but maybe, maybe  started to lose it . Massive,  massive 3 points and draws for Tranent and Colts added to the positives.

First half nervy,hesitant and far too slow in build up. Clearly a hangover from last week. Hit post in second minute and survived a Braves worldy strike that hit the bar. Braves the more dangerous team up to whistle. 

Started brightly in second half,but  Braves goal asked the question,  what have you got ? Answer actually very positive.  Started moving ball much quicker and getting in behind.  Bar for  some excellent  blocks and tackles could and should have had 3/4 goals , but take the 2 and the 3 points.

By the way big shout to ex Kilby striker Ross McNeil, was a total pest all day long and held up the ball better than anyone we have. At times he bullied us and for me was man of the match, 

Edited by ekok
Added comments

16 minutes ago, ekok said:

Came on early second half,  neat and tidy,  didn't try anything too clever,  gave us more urgency going forward.  Technically very competent, looks like a positive signing. 

How many of a squad do EK have?

@Brazilianlex seems to have access to some info and has informed us that MK has actually been offered the Clyde job.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that no Clyde fan wants him, for reasons that don't really need to be explained. However we're now apparently faced with the real possibility that he could be taking over. So genuinely, how is he? From the outside he appears to have absolutely nothing but money, but seems to at least recognise that he needs to surround himself with coaches that know what they're doing.

Hopefully MK is smart enough to turn down the offer!

Would MK really leave EK at the moment? He will win the league comfortably by overspending. Probably win the play offs at the end of it. 

Then his CV would look better on paper and would probably be offered a better gig than a struggling Clyde. 

On 07/11/2023 at 11:27, Brian Carrigan said:

@Brazilianlex seems to have access to some info and has informed us that MK has actually been offered the Clyde job.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that no Clyde fan wants him, for reasons that don't really need to be explained. However we're now apparently faced with the real possibility that he could be taking over. So genuinely, how is he? From the outside he appears to have absolutely nothing but money, but seems to at least recognise that he needs to surround himself with coaches that know what they're doing.

Hopefully MK is smart enough to turn down the offer!

Its a complete exaggartion your comments with nothing to back up other than a few posters on our L2 thread who are entitled to their views but thats a few of at least 4-500

You do not speak for the Clyde Support , thankfully & stop trying to control your own feelings as one of the overall support

2 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Would MK really leave EK at the moment? He will win the league comfortably by overspending. Probably win the play offs at the end of it. 

Then his CV would look better on paper and would probably be offered a better gig than a struggling Clyde. 

No doubt they'll win the league this year, but having seen them tonight, I'd wonder if Mick's thinking of getting out when the goings good. For the cash being spent they look fragile rather than imperious.

4 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Both Clubs have Entry level licence so exact same qualifications required for both Clubs 

SPFL can have different standards for coaching. That's got nothing to do with licencing. I don't imagine it would be as extreme as the B team managers having to have their UEFA Pro Licence, but maybe in the SPFL there's a bump up in standards.

22 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

SPFL can have different standards for coaching. That's got nothing to do with licencing. I don't imagine it would be as extreme as the B team managers having to have their UEFA Pro Licence, but maybe in the SPFL there's a bump up in standards.

SPFL clubs need to have a bronze licence next season for SPFL so would assume any manager they appoint would need to have the necessary Level 3 coaching qualification (that is a B licence).  UEFA Pro licence is level 5.  Entry level licensing is Level 1 qualified manager