The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I'm a bit pished, was thinking you were talking about Stranraer rather than EK being "Celtic minded" so when I clicked I deleted it. Just that I saw a couple of kids supporting Stranraer being interviewed wearing Rangers shirts on youtube.

Ha ha, cheers for confirming, never thought of an instant delete. 

Are you still pished celebrating ICT’s demise? 😀

21 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Ha ha, cheers for confirming, never thought of an instant delete. 

Are you still pished celebrating ICT’s demise? 😀

Not really, it was quite reassuring to see kids around town wearing Caley shirts instead of the vile twins. I've only been a Clach fan for about a decade though, there are probably parties going on down the Nip Inn..

@Cowdenleith you're just upset cause you are missing out on a wee trip to Stranraer next season. 😁😁

Stranraer or EK, know which I would choose and it's the one without roundabouts.

Stair Park is a lovely wee ground and is just a short walk from the main town. Not away up some dark scary place beside naewhere like the K Park. 😒😒

12 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

@Cowdenleith you're just upset cause you are missing out on a wee trip to Stranraer next season. 😁😁

Stranraer or EK, know which I would choose and it's the one without roundabouts.

Stair Park is a lovely wee ground and is just a short walk from the main town. Not away up some dark scary place beside naewhere like the K Park. 😒😒

Would’ve been a good day out to Stranraer for sure, but it was more wanting EK out the league to hopefully make the league a bit more even.  Unfortunately next season will be more of the same.  Nothing against the EK fans who seem a decent bunch.

12 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Is there any chance EK could look at a change in the dugout? I know it's disappointing to lose the final but looking at it objectively, Kennedy and Ferry done a really good job and won the LL at a canter and should have got past Stranraer over the two games in terms of chances etc - not much the coaching staff can do if players don't put the ball in the net.

Maybe there isn't a gulf in class between the bottom of L2 and the top of the LL. No one is going to cruise past team 42 without a much stronger playing squad than EK offered. Club 42 would have to be especially rotten to get turned over by the HL v LL playoff winners now. I expect next season that the winners of the playoff will coast past club 42 as there is a high chance that club 42 will be Edinburgh City. City will be bottom of L2 by some distance.

3 hours ago, Hauzen said:

Statement out from EK just now confirming the whole coaching team will remain in place for 2024/25.

The big boy who ran onto the park on Saturday to wag his finger, is he still in position? Should be sacked IMO. Pathetic.

10 hours ago, CityDave94 said:

Maybe there isn't a gulf in class between the bottom of L2 and the top of the LL. No one is going to cruise past team 42 without a much stronger playing squad than EK offered. Club 42 would have to be especially rotten to get turned over by the HL v LL playoff winners now. I expect next season that the winners of the playoff will coast past club 42 as there is a high chance that club 42 will be Edinburgh City. City will be bottom of L2 by some distance.

Just a thought, at any point in the pyramid there shouldn't be a measurable gulf between leagues. There will always be a club who finish bottom of a division who struggle in the division below for whatever reasons. 

If there was a constant gulf for clubs going up or failing in playoffs, the pyramid could be deemed as not working.

On 20/05/2024 at 09:42, Crazy Feet said:

Is there any chance EK could look at a change in the dugout? I know it's disappointing to lose the final but looking at it objectively, Kennedy and Ferry done a really good job and won the LL at a canter and should have got past Stranraer over the two games in terms of chances etc - not much the coaching staff can do if players don't put the ball in the net.

There's no denying they had plenty of chances. Balde really should have won it for them. But the flipside to that is Stranraer should have been out of sight long before his sitters. 

On 20/05/2024 at 20:02, To B or not B said:

All 15 of them?? 😂😂

Watched the entourage play at Blantyre when they were all at Darvel. Had to laugh at the water carrier guy, struggling to pull his trolley/cool box across a sodden ploughed up pitch

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

Have EK announced what players will be staying next year? 

Don't think so as of yet. There never has been any mention of how long the players are contracted for. Lots of teams have said players are signed up for next year but nothing from EK.

Airdrie's Section B to visit K Park.

Sounds like a fun day out along duel carriage ways and dodgy EK underpasses followed by a tree line country park.

Think I'll quietly give that a miss.

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Hears EK are signing Watson from Tranent

Would make sense with Ferry managing him at Broomhill. Thought I seen that he signed a new deal with Tranent recently but must be mistaken.