Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

On 12/27/2016 at 23:02, Sooky said:

Good news! I pressed some buttons and turned some things off and on again and, after an hour, it finally worked!

My game has decided to start doing this today.

whats the solution?

keep trying. I switched steam to offline mode and tried to load it, back on and its going.

This is exactly what I done. After unsuccessfully uninstalling/installing loads of drivers/software updates. Turns out it was a fair bit simpler than that!

2 minutes ago, Sooky said:

This is exactly what I done. After unsuccessfully uninstalling/installing loads of drivers/software updates. Turns out it was a fair bit simpler than that!

Yeah, I tried several things, turning off antivirus and firewalls, signing out of steam, restarting my laptop, even shutting it down completely. Then after failing to load it in offline mode, it booted up first time once I'd put it back into online mode. 

20 hours ago, ajwffc said:

What is the salary cap like in the MLS as I am in the  A-Leauge with the £29500 cap (with a 23 man squad, with at least 2 GKs and only 20 players over 20) and is struggle to get a balanced squad 

£57,000 p/w with a max squad of 25 and a load of other rules, I'll take a screenshot of it when I get on tonight.

Now 7 games in and still no victory, starting to really piss me off, never experienced anything like this, and just had my first FM ragequit. 4-2-3-1, deep sitting DMs and tell my team to tightly mark Giovinco and Altidore when playing against Toronto, and both had scored hattricks by 70 minutes, couldn't take it and just held the power button on the computer and went for a vodka. No matter what I try it fails spectacularly. Thinking of wiping the slate clean and starting again, I think the Atlanta challenge could be interesting as they are a brand new team but I cannot take this abuse I'm getting :lol:

Edited by Dave

I was losing heart until I took charge of Dortmund. Attacking football, a high press and perfect in a 4-2-3-1 with some of the best youngsters on the planet.

You have to compete with Bayern, who are incredible, while the likes of Leverkusen, Schalke and BMG all spend big after a season or two.

Spent six and a half seasons with United, two Scottish Cups, two League Cups and the Championship title. Wasn't making any progress with the Premiership title though, Celtic dominating and Hearts close second. I ended up being forced to sell a few of my assets by the board, and despite having a load of good youngsters it felt like the end! I resigned and have now been offered the 1860 job so looking forward to that challenge.

Started again with Saints, won every cup game, including a couple of absolute pumpings, then beat Aberdeen 1-0 on the opening day. Team was all performing and my new, young, signings were all looking like absolute steals.

1-0 up against Hamilton and the cup, and my girlfriend decides to move, catches my laptop charging wire and it fly off my lap onto the floor.

Laptop goes black, load it back up and the save files not there. Horrible.

Started again with Saints, won every cup game, including a couple of absolute pumpings, then beat Aberdeen 1-0 on the opening day. Team was all performing and my new, young, signings were all looking like absolute steals.

1-0 up against Hamilton and the cup, and my girlfriend decides to move, catches my laptop charging wire and it fly off my lap onto the floor.

Sickening stuff that. Who did you sign ?? I have just caught up with your posts on official forum. I have added my issues with saints but also mentioned about similar issues with hearts and Aberdeen

Think you should give up on managing St Johnstone, never seems to work out for you.

Sickening stuff that. Who did you sign ?? I have just caught up with your posts on official forum. I have added my issues with saints but also mentioned about similar issues with hearts and Aberdeen

Ill try and remember to post screenshots once I've moved into my new house, as some are maybe unknowns. But it's Ibrahima Sy (20yo keeper, 2.5*CA, 5*PA), Yarouba Cissako (21yo RB, 4.5*CA, 5*PA), Derk Boerrigter (29yo LW, 3*CA) and I've got Daryl Horgan (23yo LW, 4*CA) joining on a free from Dundalk in January. All were free agents. Nobodies gone out yet, but Coulson picked up an injury that ruled him out for 9 months.

Think you should give up on managing St Johnstone, never seems to work out for you.

Got it back but I'm back in the Group Stage, so I have to try and repeat my win over Aberdeen to avoid a break up.

As is always the way, one pumpings led to a horrendous run, so instead of sitting top and in the quarters like I was, I'm now sitting bottom and out the cup with four straight losses.