Arbroath vs Stirling Albion

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha just watched them. Can't believe it was the 5-3 game the young lad took over on, of all the games...

The one thing you can see and that's absolutely blatant is the Stirling 3rd goal being offside!!! He's standing on Mutch's toes!!

5 hours ago, Ray Vaughn said:

What is so frustrating is that we had two guys who can play right back on the bench and the manager refused to hook Verlaque.
I'm of the opinion we need a change in the dugout and this is a clear sign that the manager cannae see the obvious.

I have long suspected that McLaren is only a football manager in name.  He is absolutely hopeless in managing developing situations on the park and the sooner the Albion Board realise this the better.  Trouble is we are short of football experience in the boardroom.  The current incumbents have reasonably sound business knowledge but this hardly enables them to recognise a shite manager under their very noses.   

We need an average of 10 points per six games to make the play-offs, and 12 points from 18 to challenge for the league title.  Whilst on paper we ought to beat Edinburgh City, McLaren may well contrive to mess it up.  Time for the board to act to make it clear to McLaren that his coat is on a shoogly peg.  Failure to secure the next six points ought to see the guy into his taxi. 

I think the highlights have been deleted...can't find them on YouTube :lol: I know who recorded them on Saturday, and I'd be surprised if he's ever actually watched a game of football before Saturday. I presume we're paying someone to record these so competency would be expected?

32 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Quite rightfully deleted, not a job I would really want but surely it cant be that difficult to just follow the play.

The guy who who was supposed to do the highlights was unwell. A last minute volunteer had a go. Work in progress?

A shame because there were plenty of talking points.

Was the Henderson offside not given because he " became active" when he moved towards the ball as it headed for the net?

Our highlights aren't much better

Aye the boy that does it said he had new guys doing ours and yours

Eta: fwiw I don't actually think it's that big a deal, it's understandable and a complete one off in comparison to what we've been served so far. Quality of everything social media wise has been on a different level to anything we've ever had. Been superb. A one off like this really isn't that much of a problem.

If anything it atleast gave everybody a good laugh I'm sure. Still finding it hilarious how out of all the goals we scored the only one that has no footage whatsoever is the penalty!!! :lol:

Aye the boy that does it said he had new guys doing ours and yours

Eta: fwiw I don't actually think it's that big a deal, it's understandable and a complete one off in comparison to what we've been served so far. Quality of everything social media wise has been on a different level to anything we've ever had. Been superb. A one off like this really isn't that much of a problem.

If anything it atleast gave everybody a good laugh I'm sure. Still finding it hilarious how out of all the goals we scored the only one that has no footage whatsoever is the penalty!!! :lol:

Haha, poor guy . Obviously trying his best . Probably a better job than I could do

For information the young Volunteer has advised me tonight that he won't be continuing as a result of the comments posted on Facebook today. Another Volunteer lost to the club.
If any of the supporters who offer their advice and comments freely on here and Facebook and who think it's easy want to contact me to offer their services I would be delighted to hear from them. It will save the club a lot of money that could be invested on players.

3 minutes ago, briancargill50@gmail.com said:

For information the young Volunteer has advised me tonight that he won't be continuing as a result of the comments posted on Facebook today. Another Volunteer lost to the club.
If any of the supporters who offer their advice and comments freely on here and Facebook and who think it's easy want to contact me to offer their services I would be delighted to hear from them. It will save the club a lot of money that could be invested on players.

Bags that im recording the next game between us at gayfield.

Whilst I have sympathy for the guy, the blame lies with whoever put him in the position.

Whilst I have sympathy for the guy, the blame lies with whoever put him in the position.

As far as I'm aware the guy that usually does it pulled out quite late on, but even trying to find somebody within a week to do it would be a difficult task.

The guy was obviously keen and willing so was rightly given the chance, don't imagine there would've been hundreds of qualified guys lining up at the door volunteering at such short notice. It's ashame he's gave it up for the reasons mentioned but hopefully he realises that everybody understands the situation.

Nobody is to blame here, we obviously found ourselves with a bit of a problem and tried to fix it, nothing to lose after all as there wouldn't have been any if the guy never gave it a go.

Obviously they haven't turned out the best but it's really not that big of a deal, a shame it happened in a game that finished 5-3 but that's just typical! :lol:

Fair play to the boy for giving it a go I say. [emoji1360][emoji4]

That was me so I would be interested to know why you think it was my fault.

You've allowed a novice to do the job and consequently exposed him to the negative comments. Perhaps if the footage had been reviewed it could have been edited and they might have been spared.

8 hours ago, headthebaw said:

You've allowed a novice to do the job and consequently exposed him to the negative comments. Perhaps if the footage had been reviewed it could have been edited and they might have been spared.

Didn't get the chance to watch them before they were deleted but I'm guessing that due to the exciting nature of the game, most fans were eagerly awaiting the package this week and the slightly OTT reaction probably reflects that disappointment.

The only thing anyone is at fault with is probably managing expectations?  A simple one line as the highlights were put up to say that "technical issues prevented capturing all the goals/action" may have tempered the fans' reactions?  I know it's easy with hindsight but I feel for the lad, if he's taken all the stick to heart.  

Like others have said earlier - your social media interactions have improved greatly over the course of the last few months.  Well done to all concerned.

Archived