Kilmarnock vs Rangers Friday 26th

In football terms nowadays £1m is HeeHaw/bargain basement stuff.

In Scotland 1 million is a sizeable fee which only two clubs can afford to do. You are right you'll pick up shite from PNE for that amount. There is also the huge difference in wages which can be offered. I'd guess the summer QPR bunch are all on more than probably three of the bottom teams put together. And before bunnet replies it's obviously tongue n cheek but it won't be far off :-)

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

So if the likes of Hamilton and Killie are dross and you cant beat them, that makes the your lot equally dross......

But but They've got a magic hat and songs!

Seriously, it's this complete lack of respect for others that contributes to them being so unlikable

Just now, Savage Henry said:

I don't think he meant that literally.

Majority of our squad will be on £500-1000. 

Realistically would only need to be on £15-20k per week to make the statement true as a lot of our players are loan signings that we won't be paying a full wage to.

Majority of our squad will be on £500-1000. 

Realistically would only need to be on £15-20k per week to make the statement true as a lot of our players are loan signings that we won't be paying a full wage to.

Did Dyche not say that the extension Barton was offered at Burnley was around £35k p/w?

He's certainly on record as saying Barton "doesn't come cheap" and that if they were speaking to him then they must be "backed well".

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11708/10282918/rangers-target-joey-barton-does-not-come-cheap-says-sean-dyche

That Barton fella looks like his legs have gone (even before Taylor got hold of him). Very ineffectual against young, fast players. Kiltie made him look like a w****r on a number of occassions.

Boyle and Burn were excellent in central defence and Addison will struggle to displace either of them if they keep it up. Humble pie for me, I said they'd be shite

There's the beginnings of a decent team there but we lack cover in central defence and up front. 

I remember thinking just before the goal had been scored that Kiltie had breezed past Barton and if this leads to the goal it would be funny, it did, watch again. Too slow. [emoji4]

Looking at the age of that Killie side by the way, wow, pretty impressive.

1 hour ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

I forgot how much I hate that freakshow rolling into town. Rangers were utter, utter dung, top 4 will be great finish with what they have.

Surely they way they throw money about they should have a better squad more than capable of beating a team already low on confidence and down to ten men? 

Special mention to the knuckle-dragging mutants that gave us lovely rendition of Derry Walls followed by the sash in the hotel pre-match, lovely bunch of guys.

You are repeating what most Rangers know and are saying  after coming up from the Championship a top four finish would be very acceptable. Very much so! 

'As for throw money about'  Warburton has signed nearly 20 players over last season and the beginning of this for approx £2.25m ( with 2nd installment for Garner £.75m next season) that's only slightly more than half what Sinclair allegedly cost. At his first attempt he's managed to win the Championship and get to the final of the Scottish Cup.      

49 minutes ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

Lee Clark said himself before the game that Barton gets paid more than Kilmarnocks entire 1st team budget.

Yes this is probably true however in one off matches that doesn't really matter. Celtic beat Barcelona. Compare Messi's salary with the Celtic squads.  It's over a season that you make an informed decision. No offence to Clark but if he said that it was rather niave as you don't hear top managers saying that after a one off drawn home league match. We all know that in any league regardless of budgets and ability, teams can take points from each other. That's football! 

I've already said the vast majority of fans of every club are embaressed not only by religious singing but by racist, swearing, unacceptable behaviour etc etc. 

27 minutes ago, Myview said:

You are repeating what most Rangers know and are saying  after coming up from the Championship a top four finish would be very acceptable. Very much so! 

Is that the same fans who let us all know they were going for 55 in the 1st game of the season? 

2 minutes ago, KillieMogwai said:

How about, "compared to Rangers, Barcelona don't sing vile sectarian songs with impunity."

As said there is no room in football for any unacceptable behaviour. Even to the point of bad language as families attend football matches. Not just Rangers. I'm sure decent Celtic fans also want it erased. Remember Hibs and a Hearts fan have recently been in court for football related incidents and I'm sure there are others! Show it all the red card! 

3 minutes ago, wisbit said:

Yet you yourself actively support such behaviour by following Sevco, hypocrite!

I support football and respect people's views on their teams. I do not support unacceptable behaviour by any fan of any club. Football is a family sport. If I had the answer and power to stop all these 'red card' incidents I would not be in the job I am! I'm off to watch a match now. I'll be in my best behaviour I promise! 

Archived