Judge LOLs while jailing man for 'beast' slur

ICTChris

Just now, paranoid android said:

What's that one?

Similar to yours...a bloke up before the beak for using an air rifle.  The Sheriff asked what a slug gun was and the boy's brief declaimed it was a weapon for shooting...well...slugs.  No doubt there are funnier versions online.  Humour isn't my strong suit.

well, if we're going to recite hoary old legal tales:

An old Sheriff at Perth was an ex-military officer and was well known for being lenient on soldiers and former servicemen. An accused had pled guilty to a breach of the peace while pished.

The Defence agent said "My Lord, my client pleads guilty. He is normally of good character and was previously a soldier who served at Tobruk..."
Sheriff replies "Well, there can be no question about sentence. He served his country in North Africa and I grant this brave man an absolute discharge." Turning to the accused the Sheriff said "I too served at Tobruk. What was your regiment?"

The accused looks at the Sheriff, smiles  and replies

"Mein Herr, I was with der Afrika Korps....."

20 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

An old Sheriff at Perth was an ex-military officer and was well known for being lenient on soldiers and former servicemen. An accused had pled guilty to a breach of the peace while pished.

The Defence agent said "My Lord, my client pleads guilty. He is normally of good character and was previously a soldier who served at Tobruk..."
Sheriff replies "Well, there can be no question about sentence. He served his country in North Africa and I grant this brave man an absolute discharge." Turning to the accused the Sheriff said "I too served at Tobruk. What was your regiment?"

Sergeant Wilson got about a bit in those days.

An eager young lawyer was trying to get his client a non-custodial sentence, pleading to the judge: "The Sword of Damacles hangs over the accused." Unimpressed, the benchman pronounced sentence and: "It's a pity he didn't think of that when he took the Knife of Stanley down his victim's cheek."

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I automatically read that the first time as if it was the Goon Show with Harry Secombe (defence agent), Peter Sellers (Sheriff) and Spike Milligan as the defendant.

57 minutes ago, CityDave said:

I automatically read that the first time as if it was the Goon Show with Harry Secombe (defence agent), Peter Sellers (Sheriff) and Spike Milligan as the defendant.

You rotten swine! :P

It would probably have had Major Dennis Bloodnok or Neddie Seagoon as the judge, with Grytpype-Thynne as the shifty defence lawyer and Eidelberger the defendent.

That story may indeed have something to do with the Goons, as Spike Milligan made a joke about Thatcher dropping a coin into some London beggar's hat when she saw the sign next to it reading "Homeless Veteran of Falkland's War" - only for the teary eyed veteran to reply, "muchas gracias!"

• 1 month later...

Archived