Judge LOLs while jailing man for 'beast' slur

ICTChris

A Glasgow judge has jailed a man for refusing to carry out community service.  The judge recalled the man after he boasted of avoiding jail on social media, LOL-ing as he handed down a nine month sentence. 

David Newlands was convicted, along with seven others, for chasing a man until he jumped out of a flat window and calling him a 'beast'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-37195836

Any P&Bers ever been punished for calling anyone a beast? 

The sentence of this court is that you will be taken from here to the place from whence you came and there be kept in close confinement until the date of execution, and upon that day that you be taken to the place of execution and there hanged by the neck until you are dead. LOL.

33 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I like a judge to inform someone of their sentence, followed by "just let that sink in".

Followed by pulling a Greggy face. 

43 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

A Glasgow judge has jailed a man for refusing to carry out community service.  The judge recalled the man after he boasted of avoiding jail on social media, LOL-ing as he handed down a nine month sentence. 

David Newlands was convicted, along with seven others, for chasing a man until he jumped out of a flat window and calling him a 'beast'.

He just kept pushing and look what happened.

42 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

The sentence of this court is that you will be taken from here to the place from whence you came and there be kept in close confinement until the date of execution, and upon that day that you be taken to the place of execution and there hanged by the neck until you are dead. LOL.

And may the Lord have mercy on your soul..... LOL.

54 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Going by his posting style and violent tendencies, I'm guessing one of the Clyde boys?

There was a story that used to do the rounds of a Sherriff/Judge during sentencing, who listened to the defence's pleas in mitigation before staring down the accused and saying something along the lines of "F*ck you, you f*cking c*nt".

There was a short pause, and deathly silence, before he continued "That is what you said to Sgt Smith as he arrested you", and sentenced the guy.

Not sure how much truth there was in the story, but I wouldn't be surprised!

Yes, yes they have, unfairly.

Sent from a dark, dank hellhole.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Poor guy never jumped out of the window imo. The guys "just kept on pushing" until he fell out.

I like a judge to inform someone of their sentence, followed by "just let that sink in".

That or "However, because of your poor attitude towards this, I've decided to hand you a custodial sentence. Unlucky, champ"

21 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Perhaps we could put up a prize of £5, a pie and a Bovril to the first Judge who gets a P&B reference in whilst sentencing. Anyone know where they live and we can write to them?

^^^ David Newlands found

I'm sure one of our clubs must have some contacts in the legal profession who don't mind a bit of banter...

Spoiler

donald.jpg

38 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Perhaps we could put up a prize of £5, a pie and a Bovril to the first Judge who gets a P&B reference in whilst sentencing. Anyone know where they live and we can write to them?

Excellent idea.  It'd have to be 'salty tears' over the sentence or 'whitaboutery' wrt the case for the defence.

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

Prosecution: "And what happened then?"

Witness: "Fuckall."

Judge: "What did he say?"

Clerk of the Court: "Fuckall, m'lord."

Judge: "That's funny - I could have sworn I saw his lips move."

True story.

Has as much credibility as the 'slug gun' story TBH.

Archived