Should you keep Chocolate Digestives in the Fridge

Romeo

10 minutes ago, CityDave said:

For some reason penguin biscuits tend to melt at room temperature more than any other. So penguins go in the fridge. There is a reason they are called penguins??

Penguin biscuits are passé.  I bought a pack of Penguin Cake Bars in Waitrose on Tuesday, stuck them in the fridge and they are utterly magnificent.  On reading this thread I just put a couple in the freezer and bet they will be brilliant.

BTW..."I just put a couple in the freezer" may be read more than one way.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Penguin biscuits are passé.  I bought a pack of Penguin Cake Bars in Waitrose on Tuesday, stuck them in the fridge and they are utterly magnificent.  On reading this thread I just put a couple in the freezer and bet they will be brilliant.

BTW..."I just put a couple in the freezer" may be read more than one way.

I bet you love orange penguins, though, amirite? ;)

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

There was a bottle of red wine sitting in my mother in laws fridge this morning.

That's perfectly acceptable. In fact it's encouraged. Red wine should be served between 12 and 18°, not whatever the temperature happen to be in the room.. 

It's perfectly acceptable, nay absolutely essential to keep your chocolate digestives in the fridge when the ambient temperature goes above 40C.  Keeping them in the fridge in Scotland is a little strange, frankly.

1 hour ago, whiskychimp said:

That's perfectly acceptable. In fact it's encouraged. Red wine should be served between 12 and 18°, not whatever the temperature happen to be in the room.. 

Who the f**k has their fridge set at between 12 and 18 degrees?

I'm off chocolate biscuits these days due to not wanting to die in 10 years.

Having strictly rationed Abernethy's with my Motherwell Season 2008/09 mug of tea.

Wouldn't put any biscuit in the fridge.  That's wilful nihilism.

8 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I'm off chocolate biscuits these days due to not wanting to die in 10 years.

You heard about the high levels of lead in modern chocolate, I take it?

Archived