Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

2 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Our game finished 4 minutes before the game in Dingwall and players had time to wave to the fans before going off the pitch. At that point some fans made it down the steps and were being stopped from going on the pitch. I remember listening to the radio and the moment that they scored the flags and scarves that were flying dropped, meanwhile 100 or so Hamilton fans celebrated to wind our support up and everyone who was not listening to the radio just knew. There was even time for one last Ross County chance before the full time whistle went up North.

and it was 7 years to the day that Alan Main cheated and allowed Dundee United to score 3 goals which effectively relegated St. Mirren

Karma and all that...

34 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

And the north grounds that have neighbours,

Deveronvale and Deveronside JFC

Hermes JFC and Hall Russell JFC

Inverurie Loco Works next door to Colony Park Juniors

Keith & Islavale are also rather close (maybe getting on the tenuous side though)

Keith.JPG

3 hours ago, realmadrid said:

I remember listening to the radio and the moment that they scored the flags and scarves that were flying dropped, meanwhile 100 or so Hamilton fans celebrated to wind our support up and everyone who was not listening to the radio just knew.

Gretna have scored.

What??!

1 hour ago, Kennboy1978 said:

My mate then phones again in absolute silence on the mini bus "Brechin scored, we're not going up"

Not wanting to argue, I turned my back on my wife to see a guy standing in a full Motherwell strip with a massive grin on his face.

Pretty sure Stranraers stadium announcer said that it was a FT result from memory.

Exactly what I wanted to know, thanks.  I can see the exact spot where I took great pleasure from your loss in the above video.  Sorry about that.

Edited by Hedgecutter

On 21 September 2016 at 10:21, locheedfcno1 said:

Sauchie a really good junior stand. Excellent facilities in stand. Sure Alan Hansen played for Sauchie?

Pretty sure Hansen is from Fishcross, which for those of you who are unfamiliar with the Wee County, is the small village next to Sauchie. Sauchie Juniors ground is slap bang between Fishcross and Sauchie and the two towns are now pretty much joined together by a new housing estate. The golf course right next to the ground is Alloa Golf Course which in itself is strange as the golf course is on the fringes of Fishcross and Sauchie and when you leave it you have to travel through Sauchie to get to Alloa. Ha ha. Oh, and the golf course is locally called Schawpark. I had no idea the ground had been redeveloped. Also, in the panoramic photo, who are they playing? That looks like a hell of a crowd.

Walked from Aberdeen to Newburgh today and arrived to the much needed drinking establishment to find the Sauchie Jnrs team there celebrating a cup win. This thread thankfully enlightened me on all things Sauchie prior to arrival and the enjoyment of a few drinks with the team, cheers.

Spittal Rovers are in the Northern Alliance.

Tweedmouth Harrow, Highfields United and Springhill are in the North Northumberland League.

However, Tweedmouth Amateurs also play in Scotland as do Berwick Rangers Amateurs (both Border Amateur League).

Berwick RFC are also part of the Scottish system. At a local level there are more nearby teams this side.

Spittal Rovers are in the Northern Alliance.

Tweedmouth Harrow, Highfields United and Springhill are in the North Northumberland League.

However, Tweedmouth Amateurs also play in Scotland as do Berwick Rangers Amateurs (both Border Amateur League).

Berwick RFC are also part of the Scottish system. At a local level there are more nearby teams this side.

Berwick RFC play in the Scottish leagues but are actually members of both the SRU and RFU. It means they can get ticket allocations for both Murrayfield and Twickenham.

I know Queens Park had a few good runs in the FA cup back in the day but were they ever actually FA members?